• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friend's young rabbit got pregnant again :(

Hey there . Im new here .
She's pregnant now and trying to make a place for the litter ,
I wanted to ask if she's in danger of being pregnant again in a short time ? she's 6 month old. :(
And if there's a appropriate diet for her at this period of time?

Inviato dal mio SM-G900FD utilizzando Tapatalk

Is the female still in with the male? Rabbits can get pregnant again the day they give birth. The male needs to be removed and neutered if your friend doesn't want any more. Plenty of hay all the time is the best diet with a small amount of pellet food daily.

As said, if the male is still in with her they need to separate the male and keep him separate until 8 weeks post neutered (and until the babies are fully weaned etc).

I'd personally put her on a junior diet if she isn't already.
I believe alfalfa hay is meant to be good for pregnant and lactating does, as well as readigrass.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes the male one and the female are separated. Thank you guys for help my friend and me :)
I've got a best information from you.

Last edited:
With her being so young i would up her pellet intake, my bun was 6 months an had a litter of 6 and she lost loads of weight trying to feed her babies. Like daphnephoebe said i gave alfalfa too and by the time the babies were 6 weeks she had gained some weight back. This all depends on litter size and how healthy the bun was before getting pregnant, but i think if she has had 2 litters she will need building up a bit. At 6 months, two litters is quite dangerous for mum bun. xx

With her being so young i would up her pellet intake, my bun was 6 months an had a litter of 6 and she lost loads of weight trying to feed her babies. Like daphnephoebe said i gave alfalfa too and by the time the babies were 6 weeks she had gained some weight back. This all depends on litter size and how healthy the bun was before getting pregnant, but i think if she has had 2 litters she will need building up a bit. At 6 months, two litters is quite dangerous for mum bun. xx
Yes you're right , I was afraid if it's dangerous . So Alfalfa might help...

I would recommend your friend gets the male neutered asap to avoid this happening again. Also get the doe spayed as soon as is possible (after babies are weaned and she is fit and healthy). If the male is neutered now then he has time to recover and his hormones to calm down before being bonded with the female. Only bond them after the female has been spayed and recovered fully.

I would recommend your friend gets the male neutered asap to avoid this happening again. Also get the doe spayed as soon as is possible (after babies are weaned and she is fit and healthy). If the male is neutered now then he has time to recover and his hormones to calm down before being bonded with the female. Only bond them after the female has been spayed and recovered fully.
But If they both being castrated , isn't there a chance to fight if they grown up?

having them both castrated will be great. Without all the hormones driving them silly they could make a lovely bonded pair. Vegan-bunny is right having the male done now will give him time to calm down.

Back