• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P & D want to move house

CrispyClaret

Warren Scout
Pixie and Dixie have decided they want more of a view than I supplied them with, I can see their point but it's going to be big, back breaking move tomorrow for me! Honestly they don't realise the work involved, run to dismantle, doors and floors to come out. My fault I made a hutch that weighs slightly more than strictly necessary.
It will be worth it as their current corner does stay damp for a while as the concrete is not exactly sloping away.

So here they are, scouting out suitable spots and telling me where they want to be.
IMG_0523_zpsfe3qga2t.jpg

Against the house, sheltered on 2 sides but now with a garden view. Looks so sad in winter. At least here they can see the rare breeds chickens running around, or they will when Defra allows them back out.

IMG_0524_zpsbuod4pgi.jpg

I must light my log burner and sit outside with them again, recycled gas bottle c/o my brother in law and to think you can buy them on ebay for up to £350...seriously.
Grass, clover and dandelions when spring comes back. Plans in the back of my mind for maybe a dig proof sand pit and new shed on the concrete at the back.
IMG_0525_zpsn2e2vtth.jpg

Anyway, they look suitably pleased and are looking forward to tomorrow
IMG_0529_zpsx7ypv61p.jpg

IMG_0530_zps2slmkpxk.jpg

Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy, and some lovely enrichment ideas for them too. I've been thinking of a sand pit for Autumn, too. I'm sure they'll love their new spot :love:

They look very pleased! Your garden looks very inviting, and I'm sure they could make good use of *all* of it :lol:

What gorgeous little bunnies, they look as though they approve of the new plans. I'm sure they will be supervising the move :lol:

Move complete, only took 6 hours, yikes. Cold miserable fog right until the last hour. The girls were on the grass for the first time in months and celebrated by digging a hole while I had my back turned, sneaky Dixie started inside the castle so yours truly didn't notice until a rather grubby bunny came out to say hello.
Anyway job done, I had to move the bottom door to the opposite ened, wire off, wire on, plane door and wind screen thingies down to fit better, fingers bleeding etc etc
The new spot nicely filled by bunnyville
IMG_0531_zpswhbfwa9i.jpg

Only concern was I am overhanging the lawn, bit of wood, a few screws, no escaping from there. Well , not yet anyway.
IMG_0532_zpsu9s8ea91.jpg

Lots of thumping as you can imagine, move my two and they thump, move them back and they thump. No pleasing some bunnies.
IMG_0534_zpsej19ppcx.jpg

Lots of spring jobs to finish off, need to get that wood stained and protected. I want to make a tunnel system to connect hutch to run, needs to be adaptable as I will move the run around so they get fresh juicy nibbles.
Looks like I need some grass seed as well.

Last edited:
As I cannot resist the temptation to tinker...I adapted some of the run panels to fit on the side. Yet another new door made, used existing wind proofing frame and the wire I cut from the hutch. A few hinges and job done.
IMG_1400_zpswt2y97uj.jpg

IMG_1402_zpsoh186bio.jpg

Now they have a concrete area to run around in and can save the grass/mud until spring

Back