• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm sorry but can I beg a few more vibes, please? U/D Mimz ok, Fiver worse

Thank you everyone. :)
I didn't realize just how tense I was about this appointment till about an hour before I left. Shaky and weak the whole way through but the vet did seem to think his leg had improved. :shock:
We have to keep it dry though and there's the rub. He tucks it beneath him for support and so he tends to wee on it. :( I've been given a different kind of bandage to use on it and she refilled his baytril for 3 weeks. She thinks we can get it the rest of the way healed if we can prevent it from getting wet and I agree.

She didn't really want to put him on abx again, but did see that his overall condition wasn't as good as it should have been so she went ahead and went over their 10 day maximum. I hope she doesn't get in trouble with the boss. :(

I've been able to relax on Mimzy's behalf a bit this evening, (almost fell asleep on the couch at half five!), but now Fiver is starting to show real signs of distress in how he is moving his mouth. My guess is the lack of hay hasn't helped if he has spurs, or god forbid some hay is stuck somewhere because he keeps moving his mouth like he's got something wedged that he can't dislodge. So I'm calling the town office tomorrow and seeing if they can't squeeze him in instead of waiting till Monday the 30th. I'm fairly sure we'll lose him if I don't get this done now.

I doubt he's achieved any real weight gain, but if he's not even going to eat his pumpkin mush then we're out of options.

So I thank everyone for thinking of Mimzy and please, could we have some extra vibes for Fiver again? I hate to keep asking, I keep hoping the both of them will even out and there will be no more health problems for awhile. The only upside to Fiver's current dilemma is that it seems his back is better (not 100% though) and yet that has obviously made it more apparent that his mouth is quite sore. He doesn't need giant spurs to have a problem either. A friend of mine from my US forum had one of her bunnies actually need part of his tongue removed because spurs had cut into it so badly and they weren't even that large. She was devastated for him because he lost the ability to drink normally, but she pulled him through. Don't want that kind of trouble for my wee lad. :(

Many thanks again and here's hoping we get Mimzy's and Fiver's issues sussed once and for all. Can't take much more of this roller coaster! :(

I didn't realize just how tense I was about this appointment till about an hour before I left. Shaky and weak the whole way through but the vet did seem to think his leg had improved. :shock:
We have to keep it dry though and there's the rub. He tucks it beneath him for support and so he tends to wee on it. :( I've been given a different kind of bandage to use on it and she refilled his baytril for 3 weeks. She thinks we can get it the rest of the way healed if we can prevent it from getting wet and I agree.

She didn't really want to put him on abx again, but did see that his overall condition wasn't as good as it should have been so she went ahead and went over their 10 day maximum. I hope she doesn't get in trouble with the boss. :(

I've been able to relax on Mimzy's behalf a bit this evening, (almost fell asleep on the couch at half five!), but now Fiver is starting to show real signs of distress in how he is moving his mouth. My guess is the lack of hay hasn't helped if he has spurs, or god forbid some hay is stuck somewhere because he keeps moving his mouth like he's got something wedged that he can't dislodge. So I'm calling the town office tomorrow and seeing if they can't squeeze him in instead of waiting till Monday the 30th. I'm fairly sure we'll lose him if I don't get this done now.

I doubt he's achieved any real weight gain, but if he's not even going to eat his pumpkin mush then we're out of options.

So I thank everyone for thinking of Mimzy and please, could we have some extra vibes for Fiver again? I hate to keep asking, I keep hoping the both of them will even out and there will be no more health problems for awhile. The only upside to Fiver's current dilemma is that it seems his back is better (not 100% though) and yet that has obviously made it more apparent that his mouth is quite sore. He doesn't need giant spurs to have a problem either. A friend of mine from my US forum had one of her bunnies actually need part of his tongue removed because spurs had cut into it so badly and they weren't even that large. She was devastated for him because he lost the ability to drink normally, but she pulled him through. Don't want that kind of trouble for my wee lad. :(

Many thanks again and here's hoping we get Mimzy's and Fiver's issues sussed once and for all. Can't take much more of this roller coaster! :(

Sending all the vibes I can muster, for your precious furry family MM, and a big hug for you xxxxxx

I'm glad that the vet appointment for Mimzy went better than you thought. It sounds positive news, I hope the new bandage will help, topping up the vibes for him, and more hugs for you xx

I'm glad Mimzy's appointment went better than expected. It's always such a relief when that happens!

Sending more vibes for all your little ones xx

I'm glad that the vet appointment went well for Mimzy. Sending more vibes for Fiver. I hope you can get him an earlier appointment.

I'm really glad to hear Mimzy's doing better than anticipated.

Poor Fiver. I hope he's brighter very soon.
Sending you all love and vibes. xxx

Oh MM, Im sorry I didn't see this sooner! Ive just come from Fivers thread. I'll add in some {{{vibes}}} here for Mimzy too.
I've been given a different kind of bandage to use on it and she refilled his baytril for 3 weeks.
Hallelujah! That must have been a relief. Im please to read the vet thinks his leg is looking better also.

I've been able to relax on Mimzy's behalf a bit this evening, (almost fell asleep on the couch at half five!), but now Fiver is starting to show real signs of distress in how he is moving his mouth. My guess is the lack of hay hasn't helped if he has spurs, or god forbid some hay is stuck somewhere because he keeps moving his mouth like he's got something wedged that he can't dislodge.
I hope not, but it is something that can be easily remedied if that is the case. I know of a bun recently that managed to get a willow twig wedged across his mouth, behind his molars. Bun was very relieved to have it removed.

Don't be sorry asking for vibes, MM. I know how alone and emotionally/physically draining it can feel when having poorly pets, especially chronic and multiple ones at once. This forum is amazing for support and you are always lovely to others too :love:

Sending vibes Fivers way xxx

I'm so glad you got a good appointment for Mimzy :) The baytril, and bandage - hurray!!!

Vibes for Fiver, and for you xx

Thank you all :love:
Well Mimz had his first dose of baytril this morning. I expected him to balk at the taste, but he sucked it straight down and then went for the metacam syringe with gusto! :lol:
I haven't been here much today to see him, but it'll take awhile for it to kick in. I know one of the first things to go will be those nasty cecals of his. (Thank goodness, those are quite a pain to get out of his bedding. :( )
Can't wait to have a go at getting the bandages on him! :roll: I bought special gauze to put underneath and I just hope I can keep him from getting at it or eating it if it happens to fall off. :(

Sending huge nose rubs for your two furries.

I hope the baytril works for M. Good luck with the bandage....

I hope Mimzy is feeling better soon. At least he enjoys the medicine. I hope he likes the bandage too.

Sending vibes xx

Back