Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris - chest infection and more UD she's gone

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    The abx is sulfatrim.

I just did the first dose of sulfatrim and metacam. Of course she hated the abx, so when I tried to give her metacam, she ran away. I kept telling her it was the yummy one but it fell on deaf ears until it was in her mouth.

Poor love

I hope things are going better for you all today xx

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Oh dear, sorry tlc. How is she doing today? x
    Iris is very sneezy today. Worse than she has been for a couple of days. Poor love. But she's absolutely fine in herself, being very naughty - chewing on things she shouldn't right in front of me and jumping on the bed to get me up. The only signs of her illness have been the sneezing, a damp nose, and a little bit of weight loss. I'm glad she's happy in herself, but I really hope these abx work so she can put on weight and have this dental.

In the meantime, I better get up and feed her highness, even though I feel crotchety myself.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta, Zeta, & Eta the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Iris is very sneezy today. Worse than she has been for a couple of days. Poor love. But she's absolutely fine in herself, being very naughty - chewing on things she shouldn't right in front of me and jumping on the bed to get me up. The only signs of her illness have been the sneezing, a damp nose, and a little bit of weight loss. I'm glad she's happy in herself, but I really hope these abx work so she can put on weight and have this dental.

In the meantime, I better get up and feed her highness, even though I feel crotchety myself.

I hope her immune system picks up and fights this off - completely!

Vibes for you all today. Including you

Woke up to find uneaten cecatrophs all over the floor.
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta, Zeta, & Eta the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Oh dear

As you know from my thread, we are experiencing this too. How is she otherwise? x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

As you know from my thread, we are experiencing this too. How is she otherwise? x
    She was ok in herself this morning, but now she's a bit lethargic. She perked up with the water change but still. I'm at the stage where I'm worrying more about Iris than Elphie and Selene right now. Those two are stable at least.

Thank you for thinking of us.
    Last edited by tlcwrites; 27-01-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Owned by:

Such a worry. I hope she picks up soon. It really takes it out of you doesn't it, I'm frazzled with it all.

I've currently got Darwin lay on my chest in a towel, because when I went to check him he was stuck on his side and couldn't get up x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Such a worry. I hope she picks up soon. It really takes it out of you doesn't it, I'm frazzled with it all.

I've currently got Darwin lay on my chest in a towel, because when I went to check him he was stuck on his side and couldn't get up x
    It really does. Iris really wouldn't like it if I were to do that to her, she's happy so long as the hoomins know their place. I'm glad my palliative girls are stable because it means I can keep a closer eye on Iris (and rest as my chronic illnesses are playing up) but it doesn't stop you from feeling any less impotent. I just feel like the sulfatrim is like throwing pebbles at a 50ft concrete wall and expecting it to fall down. She's getting worse, not better.

Poor Darwin; he really is having a rough time with it. But he's in the best place right now.
    Owned by:

Warren Veteran

Poor Iris You are so brave with your illnesses and to have poorly rabbits to look after as well must be so stressful. I really hope she starts to pick up soon.

Sending Iris loads more vibes and you loads more hugs.