• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Scarers

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So a little while back there was a thread asking what people done to stop cats in the garden while buns are free roam.

I can't find it again, but I said I'd upload a video of the girls around the cat scarer we use. Now I swear by these things, since getting them it's rare we have cats enter the garden... the often just sit on the other side of the chain rail if they even bother sitting there.

In the video both buns are sat munching on grass within range of the scarer's sound. (We can hear an audible "click" when it's active).

Please excuse my voice - I was trying to encourage Phoebe to knock the machine like she would if she saw a cat.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgbAC7AueKxyqyYqVJ69CeSVhuhm

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Let me please add - buns still need to be supervised. Please do not use this as a substitute for supervising buns free roaming in the garden.

See, now I had one of those and the bloody cats used to just look at it with disdain as they casually walked past it :censored:. Mine was one supposedly endorsed by the RSPB as well. I get so mad having to spend MY money to keep other people's pets out of MY garden!!!!!

See, now I had one of those and the bloody cats used to just look at it with disdain as they casually walked past it :censored:. Mine was one supposedly endorsed by the RSPB as well. I get so mad having to spend MY money to keep other people's pets out of MY garden!!!!!
This wasn't an RSPB one, so was a lot cheaper (around £30). We've had it almost a year and only just replaced the batteries too which is helpful.

The cats do just sit and look at it for a few moments, before the slink off away from it. It doesn't hurt them, it's more just really irritating.

So a little while back there was a thread asking what people done to stop cats in the garden while buns are free roam.

I can't find it again, but I said I'd upload a video of the girls around the cat scarer we use. Now I swear by these things, since getting them it's rare we have cats enter the garden... the often just sit on the other side of the chain rail if they even bother sitting there.

In the video both buns are sat munching on grass within range of the scarer's sound. (We can hear an audible "click" when it's active).

Please excuse my voice - I was trying to encourage Phoebe to knock the machine like she would if she saw a cat.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgbAC7AueKxyqyYqVJ69CeSVhuhm

Ahh that was me! Thanks for the video, good to see they aren't bothered by it. I'm going to have a look online and get a couple, fingers crossed it works :)

Im in wilkinsons and they have something called 'cat and dog repellant spikes' would this work for keep the cats frommmessing in our garden or could it harm the rabbits? It says it contains other ingredients as well as 2% orange oil. I came in to get those sensor things!

Im in wilkinsons and they have something called 'cat and dog repellant spikes' would this work for keep the cats frommmessing in our garden or could it harm the rabbits? It says it contains other ingredients as well as 2% orange oil. I came in to get those sensor things!
I can't seem to find the ingredients so not sure if they'll be safe or not.

I can't see it preventing cats from entering the garden though unless you have them every 3 to 4ft around the edge of your garden boarder.

My whole lawn is surrounded by sonic powered cat scarers. My whole lawn is also covered in cat poo. :(

Back