• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny business heavy duty metal run

Henry_Dixie

Young Bun
I'm wanting peoples opinions on this run and pictures of all of yours would be great!

I'm wanting to put a fence around my summer house this year for my rabbits. Other half is very reluctant to build a fence so I'm wondering could I buy a few of these runs, attach them together and use them as a fence? I would use them as two sides and then attach them to my fence some how to make a square run.

If that makes sense?

No it's the heavy duty ones not the one in that link. It's just to create a boundary so I don't want to put a roof on. I have a hare and I need to keep the rabbits away from him so I'd like to create an enclosure that's not too expensive. It's going to go around my summer house where they will be locked in at night. Originally i was going to get someone to build a picket fence but husband is dead against it and says it's too costly and if it something I can't do myself then it won't get done.

Hi, I've bought this heavy duty puppy enclosure from bunny business, I use it to make an enclosure around the shed door to let them out for a bit. I'm waiting for a proper enclosed wooden run currently on order but this is fine as a fence. Its easy to move around. However as it has no top, I only use it when I'm around to keep an eye on them. I paid £60 on eBay, its a good temporary solution or to fence off a part of the garden. Well made.

I have lots of these, I use them to keep the bunnies apart when theyre having supervised free range time. to keep them in when ill and also for bonding.

What diy skills do you possess yourself?
Can you use a drill, screwdriver, tape measure and pair of wirecutters?
Dead easy to make panels that can be fitted in seconds and taken down again for storage. As long as you have storage space that is.

Please watch the puppy enclosures. I just purchased one for a temporary enclosure for my new bun prior to bonding her with our trio (a work in progress). I tested her in it for a bit and watched as she poked her little head through the slats and got stuck. She could have strangled herself. I covered it in a mosquito net screening and that worked great - but it was a hassle.

This is the one I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002908DX0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The heavy duty bunny business one is outside and only the latches look like they're rusting. I love it as I can make enclosures around the garden. However, yesterday I had draped a carpet rug over one edge to air it and one of my rabbits jumped up onto the carpet and escaped. Luckily I saw him hopping around and caught him. But now I'm nervous and will probably dismantle another run to make a roof. I only use it when I'm around anyway but hopefully it was only the carpet that allowed him to clamber up.

Please watch the puppy enclosures. I just purchased one for a temporary enclosure for my new bun prior to bonding her with our trio (a work in progress). I tested her in it for a bit and watched as she poked her little head through the slats and got stuck. She could have strangled herself. I covered it in a mosquito net screening and that worked great - but it was a hassle.

This is the one I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002908DX0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure whether you've seen the posts on here about these runs - see Zoobec's post.

Not sure whether you've seen the posts on here about these runs - see Zoobec's post.

Babsie, thanks for the reminder. I had seen that post a while ago but I really thought my pen was of a better quality. The opening between the slats was only 1.5 inches (3.8cm) and I didn't think my bun's head could get through. I was wrong! So glad I monitored the cage in use first! The screening I put up solves the issue and my other trio (who could chew through an office building if given the chance) have shown no interest in nibbling on this.

Last edited:
Back