• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay recommendations

Pumpkin71

Young Bun
Hi All,

Our two boy rabbits don't eat much hay at all, we always make sure that there hay feeder is full but always throw lots away. We currently give them the pets at home straw but as they don't eat much I seem to throw lots away sonwaa wondering if anyone know s if anywhere where I can buy hay in smaller quantities as it would stay fresher until opened.

The Hay Experts and HayandStraw.co.UK both do small sample packs of hay for your buns to try. Usually the reason they don't eat much hay is because they are filling up on other food stuff (pellets or greens).
My buns favourite hay is Timothyhay.co.UK we buy a big bag which lasts around a month

I tried a few different hays without much success. P@H they didnt like, the hay from The Range was hit and miss despite my bunny friendly vet recommendations. Then I found Selective hay by Supreme Petfoods at my local, one woman run, petshop and have not looked back. Even with fresh nibbles options they still enjoy the hay, but all bunnies have fussy tastebuds I think. Carrot no, apple no, basil they have bitten 2 of my fingers off they like it so much....ok might be teasing slightly there.
The hay is not cheap but comes in a 400g bag so maybe it is worth looking out for if you don't want a big stock. Very loosely packed rather than compressed, so it gives the impression of handpicked rather than factory squashed.
Supremepetfoods.com seeing as how everyone else is putting up links

Back