• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie 30 April 2008 to 21st January 2017

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
My gorgeous Alfie has joined his friends Bubbles and Lola at the bridge :(

I found him this morning and he hadn't long passed. He was fine last night and, from his position, it looked quite sudden so I hope he didn't suffer. :( He'd been battling ear abscesses for around a year but had been doing well in the last few months.

He was such a character - a very confident little man; he will be very sadly missed.

Sleep well my little man.

I found him this morning and he hadn't long passed. He was fine last night and, from his position, it looked quite sudden so I hope he didn't suffer. :( He'd been battling ear abscesses for around a year but had been doing well in the last few months.

He was such a character - a very confident little man; he will be very sadly missed.

I am so sorry to read this Karen :cry: Alfie was such a cute and brave little man.

Binky Free Alfie xx

Oh Karen, how sad! :(

Alfie had a wonderful life and will be happy now with his friends xx hugs to you xx

So very sad to be reading this, Karen. I remember comparing baby photos with him and Esme as they are of an age.

It must have been such a shock to find him but I hope in time you can feel some consolation from him passing quietly at home.

Oh nooooo I'm so sorry to hear this :( He had a cracking happy life with you and I'm sure he loved it all. Big hugs xx

So very sad to be reading this, Karen. I remember comparing baby photos with him and Esme as they are of an age.

It must have been such a shock to find him but I hope in time you can feel some consolation from him passing quietly at home.

We joined the forum at about the same time, didn't we; I remember all those cute baby photos. It seems so long ago but also just like yesterday. :love:

It's comforting in a sense to know that he left 'of his own accord' so to speak (I just wish I'd been there to be with him and to ensure he wasn't suffering :() and he'd been doing so well recently that I was beginning to think he would be around for a long, long while to come.

Thank you all for caring. :love: His tribute doesn't come anywhere close to doing him justice; he was a bun in a million. I honestly didn't know where to start with it but, as he was the reason I joined this forum, I wanted to share his passing with people who know how it feels, especially as some of you will have seen him grow up over the years.

Muffin seems very lost without Alfie - Alfie never really seemed too fussed when he lost first Bubbles and then Lola. I've sat with her for a while but that just seems to pee her off even more tbh. :(

Bubbles and Lola are both in a wooden planter at the bottom of the garden. I've decided that I want to get Alfie cremated though; some of his ashes will go in the planter to be with his friends and I'm thinking of maybe a piece of jewellery made from the rest.

Dear Karen,

I am so sorry you lost your Alfie. It must have been a shock for you to have him leave you so quickly.

Back