• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would I know what type of rabbit or bunny I have

Billy's_ Mom

New Kit
Will Guys let me start off by saying he's black it's a male he have long black ears he's fat with grey bottom on the bottom of his feet

Most rabbits are actually a mix rather than a specific breed unless you have specifically purchased a certified rabbit. His ears mau be 'lop' or 'upright' but that isnt a breed just a description.

I suggest that you just love and care for him and do not think about whether he is a mix or not.

You say he is a male ? Males are much easier to handle and also to pair up with a friend if they are neutered (castrated) and it is recommended by rabbit welfare organisations that this is done - you can discuss it with your vet when you have the rabbit's vaccinations done if he is not alread vaccinated. Dont forget there are now TWO vaccines needed.

Most rabbits are actually a mix rather than a specific breed unless you have specifically purchased a certified rabbit. His ears mau be 'lop' or 'upright' but that isnt a breed just a description.

I suggest that you just love and care for him and do not think about whether he is a mix or not.

You say he is a male ? Males are much easier to handle and also to pair up with a friend if they are neutered (castrated) and it is recommended by rabbit welfare organisations that this is done - you can discuss it with your vet when you have the rabbit's vaccinations done if he is not alread vaccinated. Dont forget there are now TWO vaccines needed.

Very good advice!

Back