• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there always a top bunnie?

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
Is there always a top bunnie even if you have a male and female together? Isn't it bad to be the bottom bunnie do you get to groom but don't get groomed? Have people seem rabbits change (bad or good) after bonding from the bottom bunnies point of view?

thanks
amber

Hi

I have 2 bonded buns (girl and boy) and find that they are both pretty much equal, although Mr Bump does tend to groom Tigs more than she does him. Both are pretty independent bunnies though.

The only change I noticed in Mr Bump after bonding was that he was less affectionate and interested in me :( I understand this is normal though. Tigs was the opposite, after being bonded she became a lot more confident and trusting with me - before she was quite a nervous rabbit.

Amelia

HI
I have 3 bonded and yes in that group Bunny is top Bunny.

Will Millie and Keegan, I'm not sure about that one yet as they have on;y been together for a short tim, possibly Keegan.

Alfie was bonded with a male called Jasper who passed away earlier this year. Jasper was boss though they were both quite relaxed about it.

Tam

Fudge and Treacle are bonded males and fudge is very much top bunny! In fact he tries to boss me as well! :?

Neville and Bob are boned males. They are really very cute together. Like two little boys tearing around the garden and digging up my herb garden.

Neville is the top bun but they both seem pretty relaxed about it. I have never seen either of them mount each other.

I once had a pair of bonded males one was castrated at a very eary stage and the other not. I think they stayed friends because the castrated male didnt smell or avt like a male having being done at about three months. They loved each other the castrated male was submisive to the other male. As a rule one is always boss. val

Back