• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of behavior?

Thank you for your help yesterday. The rabbits seem settled and they seemed to want to be close last night. To me they seemed sad, but I'm no expert on rabbit behaviors. Is it worth seeing how they are together now or would it result in more fighting? I'm mostly concerned that one of them doesn't have the kind of winter home that I would like her to have and I can't find a new hutch that I can afford anywhere. The only thing that I could do is bring her inside, but that would put an end to her being a garden rabbit

Could you put a link to the thread that you are talking about so that we can see the whole story?

Its difficult as I imagine they do feel sad, they probably miss each other but with hormones raging the risk of them wanting to hurt each other is too great in my opinion. I'd wait til post spay & recovery. You could bring her in for a few months giving you time to save up for spays & move her out when bonded. I've never actually gone through this or had outside buns so hope others can help

I agree that it would be too much of a risk to introduce them until after their spays. I loved having my rabbits indoors and highly recommend it.

Back