Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best friend, Gizmo, has passed away

Default My best friend, Gizmo, has passed away

Hi everyone,

Earlier today my father found Gizmo injured in his pen. He was brought into the house, while I comforted him, before we took him to the vets. The journey wasn't too far and he was seen straight away by the vet. She checked his tummy area and thought it could be a bad case of bloating, and we were given the option of him being operated on. Sadly, when she inspected him further, he was found to have an injured left leg and chest area. The bloating would most likely have been from internal bleeding. Sadly, there was nothing she could do and she put him to sleep while I comforted and stroked him. I'm absolutely devastated and heartbroken.

It looks like he suffered the injury yesterday evening - going off the amount of food and drink that was left. I actually saw him earlier on in the evening and he was fine. The injury must have happened not too long after that. He was a fighter and survived the night. As for how the injury happened, he was healthy, agile and loved jumping around on boxes. At the other side of the shed (more like a playhouse type shed) he has two older female rabbit friends in another pen, so I believe he may have taken a risky jump and hurt himself doing it. That's merely a guess though and I'll never know for definite.

This afternoon, I've buried him in a peaceful, tranquil part of the garden, alongside his favourite blanket, cover and toys. He spent many hours playing in the garden with myself, family and pet dog. On return from the vets, my pet dog came to see Gizmo and gave him a kiss.

He was the most beautiful rabbit I had ever seen, with big blue eyes and a fluffy fringe. In April 2014, I took him under my wing, straight away, when he turned up as a baby rabbit, with my parents after they had returned from their friends who look after animals. He enjoyed communicating me with humming. He was kind, playful, easy going and would always run to me or family when his name was called. He loved carrot slices which he took from my hand, curly kale, broccoli and oats. He also loved dandelions during the spring and summer.

He changed my life for the better, as the last few years have been very difficult and without him, I would have struggled a lot. No amount of thanks will ever be enough. He was everything to me.

Gizmo, as an eight week year old kit ...

His passing came out of nowhere. He was still young in rabbit years.

2014 - 2017
    Last edited by ClearNightSky; 15-01-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Updating info

I'm sorry you lost your beautiful little man, he sounds adorable. Sleep tight Gizmo xx

Quote Originally Posted by ClearNightSky View Post
    Hi everyone,

Earlier today my father found Gizmo injured in his pen. He was brought into the house, while I comforted him, before we took him to the vets. The journey wasn't too far and he was seen straight away by the vet. She checked his tummy area and thought it could be a bad case of bloating, and we were given the option of him being operated on. Sadly, when she inspected him further, he was found to have an injured left leg and chest area. The bloating would most likely have been from internal bleeding. Sadly, there was nothing she could do and she put him to sleep while I comforted and stroked him. I'm absolutely devastated and heartbroken.

It looks like he suffered the injury yesterday evening - going off the amount of food and drink that was left. I actually saw him earlier on in the evening and he was fine. The injury must have happened not too long after that. He was a fighter and survived the night. As for how the injury happened, he was healthy, agile and loved jumping around on boxes. At the other side of the shed (more like a playhouse type shed) he has two older female rabbit friends in another pen, so I believe he may have taken a risky jump and hurt himself doing it. That's merely a guess though and I'll never know for definite.

This afternoon, I've buried him in a peaceful, tranquil part of the garden, alongside his favourite blanket, cover and toys. He spent many hours playing in the garden with myself, family and pet dog. On return from the vets, my pet dog came to see Gizmo and gave him a kiss.

He was the most beautiful rabbit I had ever seen, with big blue eyes and a fluffy fringe. I took him under my wing, straight away, when he turned up as a baby rabbit, with my parents after they had returned from their friends who look after animals. He enjoyed communicating me with humming. He was kind, playful, easy going and would always run to me or family when his name was called. He loved carrot slices which he took from my hand, curly kale, broccoli and oats. He also loved dandelions during the spring and summer.

He changed my life for the better, as the last few years have been very difficult and without him, I would have struggled a lot. No amount of thanks will ever be enough. He was everything to me.

Gizmo as a young kit ...

I'm so sorry you lost him

They certainly see us through periods of our lives and give us great support. You are right, we don't thank our beautiful friends enough sometimes.

Run free Gizmo xx

Warren Veteran

I'm very sorry that you've lost Gizmo

Mama Doe

So very sorry. What a pretty little chap. xxxxx

Mama Doe

I'm so sorry,binky free wee Gizmo.

I'm very sorry

Sweet dreams Gizmo xx

My precious boy, I miss you so much

Rolo - 18th March 2009 to 14th April 2015

Sleep well baby, I love you