• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veg - Fridge or not

Pumpkin71

Young Bun
Hi all,

Do you store the veggies for your rabbits in your fridge or in a veg rack? I keep ours in the veg drawer of the fridge but worried if it should be more at room temperature?

What do you do?

I store in fridge but tend to let it warm a little at room temp before offering to the animals :wave:

Hi all,

Do you store the veggies for your rabbits in your fridge or in a veg rack? I keep ours in the veg drawer of the fridge but worried if it should be more at room temperature?

What do you do?

It's in the fridge :wave:

Generally it's out for a bit before they eat it, but if they are feeling really greedy then it's straight from the fridge!

After the belly full of frosty grass Robin ate the other week I don't worry as much as I used to about him eating chilly veg.

I like to let it warm up but he's becoming bit of a thief

I keep the veg in the fridge and feed it straight away. My two live outdoors and are used to eating cold grass etc so a bit of cold veg doesn't worry me.

I keep their veg in their shed. For indoor animals I take it out of the fridge the night before feeding it to them.

My bun has his straight from the fridge and cannot get it down fast enough, he's an outside rabbit so probably used to it now

Back