• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets meadow hay

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Is anyone using this at the moment? If so, is it nice and green? We tried the Timothy & Rye but its a bit yellowish and smells of nothing. My buns don't seem keen on it either. I tried Ings last years and they didn't like that much either. Fussy!!

We use Ings as an alternative to their preferred hay from Timothyhay.co.UK, I was wondering about the hayandstraw.co.UK meadow hay after thumps_ post

Mine love the timothyhay.co.uk hay but my o/h is allergic to it. His whole throat closes up and he comes up in a rash!
Yes, thumps_ post made me wonder too. Unfortunately I just wasn't that impressed with the Timothy and Rye so I'm reluctant to buy more.

Tbh if your rabbits aren't keen on Ings, I would be thinking it's because it isn't as stalky as Meadow. I haven't had the Meadow from Hay and Straw, but other Meadow that I've had has definitely been softer than Ings.

I think I would either get a sample of the Meadow or I would try some Meadow from another company before getting a large bag.

Have you tired the dust free hay company? I haven't and so nothing about its properties, but it might be good in respect of you OH's allergies.

They like the woodlands herby harvest and I think that's meadow hay. It's quite a soft hay.
We've ordered more hay from timothyhay.co.uk :/ they love it so my o/h will have to suffer :lol: I did email them though and they replied saying that what they are sending me is a new cut so hopefully it won't be as bad!
We have masks and gloves ready though just in case!
We haven't tried dust free hay but it seems very expensive!

Back