Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Eating, but drinking less, lack of poos. U/D 16/1 Ear Abscesses

  1. #111
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    21,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    In VN training, you'll fail your test if you suggest doing this.

    If it's at the same time of draw up, e.g. you didn't get quite enough and you need more, that's fine.
    It when you draw up, leave the needle for a day then use the same needle to draw up again. It's no longer sterile as it's been open to the environment for so long.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I shall quote you to my vet when I next see her

  2. #112
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    21,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Hi Jane, last night's injection was much easier and the only thing I did differently was taking the bottle out 15 mins early.

    Yes he's still a bit unsteady and preferring to sit in the litter tray. When I put their pellets in this morning he came racing over and had to sort of steady himself after. Overall it's much less though and he's not staggering around all over the place x

    Oooh excited to hear this improvement

  3. #113
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I shall quote you to my vet when I next see her
    I just go by what we were told incase we were ever asked during our practical exams.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Pet Sitting Service In Bar Hill And Surrounding Areas: https://www.gumtree.com/p/business-s...eas/1192119279

    Items for sale in Cambridge - can arrange P&P for RU members: https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1188241904?page=1

  4. #114
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    123,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    In VN training, you'll fail your test if you suggest doing this.

    If it's at the same time of draw up, e.g. you didn't get quite enough and you need more, that's fine.
    It when you draw up, leave the needle for a day then use the same needle to draw up again. It's no longer sterile as it's been open to the environment for so long.


    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    That's what my Vet told me. As she trains VNs all the time I think she'd know

  5. #115
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    21,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    I just go by what we were told incase we were ever asked during our practical exams.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I have to say I was surprised by my vet when she told us that, but as she's known as being rabbit savvy I guessed she must have experience of it! That said, vets do tend to have a - ahem - wide repertoire when it comes to treatment

  6. #116
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yeah, I have to say I was surprised by my vet when she told us that, but as she's known as being rabbit savvy I guessed she must have experience of it! That said, vets do tend to have a - ahem - wide repertoire when it comes to treatment
    Some become a bit slack in their injection routines.
    In theory, the needle should be changed between draw up & injection. But it's very rare you'll actually find a vet or nurse that will do this.
    They also shouldn't put the cap back onto the needle. They should put the cap on the table, and put the needle into it (not pushing it closed).
    There are lots of don'ts that are done in practice simply because doing it right is a pain in the backside.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Pet Sitting Service In Bar Hill And Surrounding Areas: https://www.gumtree.com/p/business-s...eas/1192119279

    Items for sale in Cambridge - can arrange P&P for RU members: https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1188241904?page=1

  7. #117
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    21,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Some become a bit slack in their injection routines.
    In theory, the needle should be changed between draw up & injection. But it's very rare you'll actually find a vet or nurse that will do this.
    They also shouldn't put the cap back onto the needle. They should put the cap on the table, and put the needle into it (not pushing it closed).
    There are lots of don'ts that are done in practice simply because doing it right is a pain in the backside.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you can say that again!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •