Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could do with some advice for my Bunbuns - Update

oh the worry If she hasn't picked up by tomorrow I think I'd get her seen by a vet or you'll be venturing in to the unknowns of OOHs. Hopefully you'll have plenty of poo soon but the sleepiness does sound a potential worry - more so than refusing greens IMO

Wise Old Thumper

I am wondering if it's very warm in your house if it could be this which is making her drowsy?

Yeah I'll see how she is in the morning. And take it from there.
    It's actually fairly cold in that room. I sit in there with a big wooly jumper etc. But they have heat pads and she usually lays on them. So don't know if it could be heat related. But yeah in the summer she was similar and that room seemed a bit warmer than normal. But not much it's about 21 degrees c in that room in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update. She hasn't moved much more all evening. When I just went into their room she didn't even bother looking up. She hasn't eaten much and while she's drinking she isn't moving for anything else.
    Will have to be vet tomorrow I don't think I can wait for the normal vet, probably going to be a sleepless night for me.

By the way she is not hunched over or so, but completely stretched out while sleeping. And I did see her groom fluffy a few times, something she doesn't like doing since she's the boss in the house. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FredW View Post
    Quick update. She hasn't moved much more all evening. When I just went into their room she didn't even bother looking up. She hasn't eaten much and while she's drinking she isn't moving for anything else.
    Will have to be vet tomorrow I don't think I can wait for the normal vet, probably going to be a sleepless night for me.

Good luck Fred. I had a feeling in my bones that you shouldn't wait until next week. Perhaps some gut motilities to get her eating properly again.
    Perhaps it was the beginning of stasis?

Awww I remember your lovely rabbits. Hope she improves very soon.

Quick update, got like 4 hours sleep, was tossing and turning as I was worried, sure you all know that feeling. Got downstairs this morning and she looked a lot more alert. Yesterday i'd say she was a 2 out of 10, today when I got downstairs she definitely was more a 5/10. She ate some fresh stuff and even played with some toys. then she went back to sleep. 30 mins later had a little run through her tunnel to get some cardboard to play with and eat some of it. She's now in foraging box making her happy grunting noises. She just run towards me for a cuddle and pulled on my clothing etc, and is playing right now. I don't feel she is still 100%, not even close, so will still get her seen at. but for now it's feeling a lot better with her.

Wise Old Thumper

Hoping Bunbuns keeps on improving, but don't let her eat cardboard xx

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Hoping Bunbuns keeps on improving, but don't let her eat cardboard xx
    took that off her, she then went to get some dried forage. she's been running around a bit more since and is now back at the foraging box. I normally wouldn't let her have as much of that stuff, well it's not that they get a lot, but normally I make sure both her and fluffy get equal parts, but since that's the only thing she enjoys eating right now I let her. she just had a little half binky on her way to the box. ate some... and I think is now getting ready to sleep again. or maybe not, I am sure I can hear her tossing stuff around in her tunnel lol