Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pip ~ New Captain of El-ahrairah's Owsla ~ Dec. 27, 2007 to Jan. 6, 2017

I really feel for you, I'm so sorry you lost her. Hopefully Pip and Billy are playing together with all our other fluffy friends on the other side <3 xx

What a fantastic tribute MM, and amazing photos of dear little Pip.

Run free and give them hell you lovely one

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))) xx

Mama Doe

Such a beautiful girl, so very loved. I am so sorry MM you have had to say goodbye.

Binky free precious Pip xx
    My special bunnies, Gabriel Honeybunny and Mabel Flump (NWRR).
    Sleep tight my precious Noo, darling Spring, handsome BJ, beloved Rosie, fluffy man Herbie, little poppet Hollie and wee Bobbin xx

What a beautiful tribute. She was a gorgeous girl, who was obviously much loved and a friend to you all. I'm sorry she had to leave you.

Sending my love and thoughts x

Wise Old Thumper

A lovely tribute. xxx
    Rest in peace, Pip. xxx

Thank you so much, everyone. Truly, all these lovely posts, it means so very much that there are those out there who understand and do not judge, nor insist that it's "time to get over it" because she was "just a rabbit." (No one on here or at my US forum has said that, just to clarify.) She was never just a rabbit...she was my very dear friend and companion...one of those who was really a "people's rabbit", she enjoyed human company as much as another bunny's. And she was, of course, my lovely Diva.

I do get a smile off the comments of "wee Pip" because I do know that the word 'pip' in Britain refers to a seed. (Daughter actually named her after the squirrel in Enchanted because she didn't like the name BigWig.) I was looking through photos taken around the time Mimzy was recovering from head tilt, about 2012, and she was hardly a seed then! I think at her best weight she was around 6 lbs? A hefty, big figured girlie. Thinking of how she was this last few weeks/months, she had lost more body weight than I realized despite being full of beans regardless. So yes, something was afoot. It isn't comfort I feel knowing this, but it does begin to fit some pieces in that have been missing.
    As far as giving them hell, well...I did come across this doctored photo of her from around 2008 that I made so my daughter could put it on her bedroom door when she was at "that stage" where privacy was a huge issue...I questioned posting it because it was taken in her very old and long cast off night habitat, and I hate bunny pictures with bars in them, but maybe it will give you all a laugh and an idea of just how bossy our 'wee Pip' could be!

I hope no one will mind if, as I find them, I maybe add more photos...most of these were from her first days with us, a few from the last few years. None of them do her justice of course, especially with my crummy photography.

Jane, thank you so very much for the lovely framed image. It's so very kind, you do this for many here who have lost dear friends, always beautifully arranged and captioned. Thank you. xxxx

A wonderful tribute to a dear bunny. She reminds me of my bridge bun Squirrel, a chinchilla lionhead with the same kind of lovely face and fur.

I am sure Pip feels honored that you have given her such a lovely tribute and have posted, and plan to post more, lovely pictures of your sweet bunny. Some bunnies light up our lives in a special way and it is wonderful Pip could give you so much comfort. I suspect her spirit will remain with you always.

Wise Old Thumper

I am so sorry for your loss Run free Sweet Pip xx