• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs from past pets? Updated with tribute pics

elaine84

Warren Scout
Some of you may have seen my recent thread where I lost Billy on 6th Jan. I still can't believe it and I'm struggling to get through each day. I feel like I've lost my soulmate. A couple of kind posters messaged me saying that they've had signs from their rabbits who have passed over. It's made me wonder who else has had this, I'd love to hear your stories.
Or signs from other pets (I'd love confirmation they go to the same place as us), or signs from humans too. Or perhaps anyone who knows someone who's had an NDE and doesn't mind sharing their spiritual experience. Thank you xx

Last edited:
Some of you may have seen my recent thread where I lost Billy on 6th Jan. I still can't believe it and I'm struggling to get through each day. I feel like I've lost my soulmate. A couple of kind posters messaged me saying that they've had signs from their rabbits who have passed over. It's made me wonder who else has had this, I'd love to hear your stories.
Or signs from other pets (I'd love confirmation they go to the same place as us), or signs from humans too. Or perhaps anyone who knows someone who's had an NDE and doesn't mind sharing their spiritual experience. Thank you xx

It really is so tragic that Billy could not recover. I fully empathise with how bereft you feel :cry:

I have posted on your other thread about the sign I truly believe my Soul Rabbit Inspector Morse sent me. I am not a person who has any real beliefs and I am very sceptical of all things 'Spiritual'. But when an event occurs that is real and experienced first hand (ie not via another person) then it is hard to dismiss as being 'all in the mind' or wishful thinking. I hope that you will find some comforting sign in some form that will reassure you that both Billy and your late Brother are in a better place and that their souls are at peace.

Moses, one of my cats died several years ago now. I was probably his least favourite human in the house, he actively avoided me touching him. His favourite was my then teenage daughter, they had a strong connection and he slept with her at night. For a few weeks after he died my daughter could still feel him on her bed.

I am so sorry that you have lost Billy xx

I've had signs from one of my bridge buns, Lelantos. He was a chocolate mini rex I literally dreamed of getting, and my OH got him for me Christmas 2015. He died 3 weeks after he arrived. :( In May 2016, I started seeing white feathers everywhere - especially when foraging and weirdly, the bale of hay I had had loads in it. I was coming to the end of the bale when I saw a Facebook message saying "anyone want a white rabbit? need gone." I messaged saying I'd take the bun, no questions asked with the intention to neuter/vaccs then rehome. When we went to pick the bun up, she turned out to be a chocolate point mini rex. I truly believe Lela led me to her, but I didn't make the connection til after she arrived.. Needless to say she's part of the family and we wouldn't be without her.

Lately, whenever one of my pets die shortly after I see a frog hopping across the lawn, and I never see them any other time!

For my family it would seem angels play a huge part, as images, or objects like statues and pendants. For both humans and pets we have lost.
Usually it is a footstep I hear that sounds familiar, or I find a bit of fur or a whisker in a place that I was certain I had well swept beforehand, that kind of thing. And I dream a lot about them, or I used to when I slept better.

Something will come, I am sure.

Thank you every single one of you for your messages and signs you've received, it's really helped me reading those. And I'm really sorry to those of you who've lost pets too. It really is the worst feeling. I'm still crying every day I'm so heartbroken. Here are some photos of Billy's daily life, playing and relaxing with us, including how he used to jump up and snuggle into me. I miss that so much.

Outdoors time
IMG_5821.png

Digging in the garden
IMG_5822.png

Kisses for mummy while she works
IMG_5818.png

Watching a film
IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

Coming downstairs in the morning for breakfast
IMG_5820.png

IMG_5819.png

jumping up and lying next to me on the sofa
IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

snuggling.jpg

selfies with mummy and daddy
IMG_4763.jpg

laughing at Billy's disapproving face after kisses
IMG_4766.jpg

Last edited:
He was gorgeous, and obviously you had a very special bond with him:love: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh what a sweet bub! :love:
He looks to have been extremely happy with you. The good times are the ones to concentrate on. They are what made up the most important moments of your lives together, not the last ones.
Thinking of you and sending hugs. xx

Oh what beautiful photos. And what a wonderful and special relationship you had with Billy. I hope that in time the memory of this will help to ease the pain xx

What gorgeous photos :love:

You had a very special bond with him and he was loved to pieces. I can see how your hearts will be broken in two now, and I pray that time heals for both of you xx

What a gorgeous bunny :love: I'm sorry you've lost him:( You'll always remember the special bond you had though, that's never something that leaves you. And I'm not sure what your beliefs are but I think you'll see him again one day xx

As for past pet signs, I believe I had a sign from my duck Nymeria. I watched him pass away very suddenly one night, it was awful, it happened without warning and I still don't really know what happened. I then spent hours crying and going through pictures of him because I needed to make a tribute. One of the pictures I saw while doing that was a duckling I called Hopalong who'd had a limp and before I'd managed to catch him he apparently got killed by a predator. That picture saddened me even more and I vowed that next time I'd immediately catch a duckling with a limp.

The next morning one of my free ranging duck's 9 day old ducklings had a limp. I caught him and called him Arya so he could have a connection to Nymeria (in the Game of Throne books Nymeria is Arya's direwolf). Some would say coincidence and maybe it was but Nymeria loved ducklings and had helped me raise a couple. We were extremely close, he followed me everywhere, and I like to think that he wanted me to 'move on' and not be sad. The weirdest part is, Arya is a very friendly but also feisty, bitey, very headstrong duck just like Nymeria (even more so in many ways than Nymeria). I've never had ducks like the two of them before. If Arya hadn't been 8 days old the day Nymeria died I might've thought it was reincarnation (even though I don't want to believe in reincarnation).

Thank you everyone, really appreciate each and every message :)
Thanks for your message William, yes it does seem a big coincidence but over the past few years I've believed less in coincidence and more in synchronicity (especially after reading books like The Celestine Prophecy a while back). I've ordered lots of books on loan from the library about reincarnation and afterlife/ pets in afterlife etc, the librarians are going to think I'm a right weirdo! I really pray I'll get to see my pets again one day, it seems so unfair that they get taken from us and we have to go on without them and that bond. Life just isn't the same without Billy :( x

Thank you everyone, really appreciate each and every message :)
Thanks for your message William, yes it does seem a big coincidence but over the past few years I've believed less in coincidence and more in synchronicity (especially after reading books like The Celestine Prophecy a while back). I've ordered lots of books on loan from the library about reincarnation and afterlife/ pets in afterlife etc, the librarians are going to think I'm a right weirdo! I really pray I'll get to see my pets again one day, it seems so unfair that they get taken from us and we have to go on without them and that bond. Life just isn't the same without Billy :( x

Ooh synchronicity sounds interesting! Hadnt really heard of it before but just did a google on it:)

I like the idea of getting to choose what you want, I'm ok with reincarnation if that's the case. Like you know how people say life is just a game, well I think the afterlife is as well. Like a video game where there's multiple choices and you can choose which place you want to go. Whether that would be heaven, reincarnation, ghost, or an entirely different place where we get to 'play' another 'game' as ourselves only it's not on planet earth but it's just as good of a 'game'. Etc etc. There could be many different choices or only a couple. Sort of like in Harry Potter where witches/wizards can choose to come back as a ghost or to go on to wherever you go after death. I also think there's a way to meet up with all your loved ones.

Considering we get to choose how to live life it makes sense that we'd get to choose how to live 'death'. Life is so miraculous when you think about it, I just can't believe there's not more to come. A different frontier adventure thing all its own. Everyone can't live forever on earth or else only a small selection of souls would get to enjoy it. But the universe is endless.

Back