• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Ted's in stasis - Couple of pics of them both 14 Feb

Sending mega munching vibes for Ted!! I'm always late to your threads, sorry!! Glad he is munching a little at least, I hope he improves more later xx

Sending mega munching vibes for Ted!! I'm always late to your threads, sorry!! Glad he is munching a little at least, I hope he improves more later xx

Certainly no need to apologise, I don't spend enough time round here. He's not impressed with us at all! He has just had his zantac and is sitting looking a sorry for himself in his litter tray. He did eat a little bit of bunny biscuit I baked this afternoon though, which surprised me but anything going in I'm happy about as long as it starts coming out as well.

Certainly no need to apologise, I don't spend enough time round here. He's not impressed with us at all! He has just had his zantac and is sitting looking a sorry for himself in his litter tray. He did eat a little bit of bunny biscuit I baked this afternoon though, which surprised me but anything going in I'm happy about as long as it starts coming out as well.

What's your recipe for bunny biscuits L? :wave:

What's your recipe for bunny biscuits L? :wave:

Well it's Rabswood's recipe really, so I will credit her with it! There's not really any measuring, but it's roughly half an inch of warm water in a pint glass with a teaspoon of runny honey stirred in. Put this into a bowl with a grated apple and mix in porridge oats and sunflower seeds so there's no liquid left and it's quite sticky. Squash into balls onto a baking sheet and press down to flatten - I did this recipe today and it made 24 biscuits which were about an inch round and maybe 5 mm thick. Put them in the oven at gas 5 until they look cooked, it takes about 20 mins. Turn them over and turn the oven down to gas mark 1 or 2 then leave them until they've gone hard. I didn't really time this bit but I'd say it took about an hour or more. If you put greaseproof paper on the tray they don't stick at all.

I've made them twice now and they're not as hard as the ones from the fayre but the bunnies seem to really like them. They smell like flapjack when they're baking and obviously all the ingredients can be eaten by humans though I haven't tried one yet!

Ted's doing well this morning. He's eaten most of his breakfast herbs and veg and some bits of hay. He's also done quite a few poos which are smaller than usual but they're not misshapen. It normally takes a few days to get to that stage so I think he's doing well so far 😊

Ted's doing well this morning. He's eaten most of his breakfast herbs and veg and some bits of hay. He's also done quite a few poos which are smaller than usual but they're not misshapen. It normally takes a few days to get to that stage so I think he's doing well so far 😊

Brilliant news :D

Good news, and a relief for you both :)

Ted seems pretty much back to normal now. Scoffed down his breakfast then ran into the living room where he did a little binky. He then ran up and down behind the curtains buzzing, which is his usual morning activity bless him 😊.

Thanks for all vibes.

Ted seems pretty much back to normal now. Scoffed down his breakfast then ran into the living room where he did a little binky. He then ran up and down behind the curtains buzzing, which is his usual morning activity bless him ��.

Thanks for all vibes.

Thank goodness !! :D

Good news :D The thought of him every morning running up and down behind the curtains buzzing is adorable :love:

Good news :D The thought of him every morning running up and down behind the curtains buzzing is adorable :love:

It is 😆. Me and Martyn sit grinning at each other when he does it, he's a happy little bunny 😊. It's always a lovely start to the day!

Ted seems pretty much back to normal now. Scoffed down his breakfast then ran into the living room where he did a little binky. He then ran up and down behind the curtains buzzing, which is his usual morning activity bless him 😊.

Thanks for all vibes.

So glad to hear this :D It must have made your hearts sing :D

Ted's (seemingly) been back to normal yesterday and today, but tonight at 9.45 he refused food, so back to the vets :cry:. Vet has just done a course at FHB practice so that gave us confidence. Anyway, she tested his blood glucose (10.9, apparently this is fine), had a listen and a good feel and said his intestines felt fine but his tummy felt a bit gassy. She gave him some vetergesic, and we've done a syringe feed tonight where he took about 8 or 9ml. Not brilliant but better than nothing and he was definitely still eating at 7.30pm so he hadn't not eaten for very long. We carry on with the drugs for another 4 days then see how he is. If still not right then she's suggested xrays to see if there are other issues.

So, more vibes needed please.

Back