• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Acting strange and watery eyes

I'm really worried about my boy he has been very antisocial lately he normally runs about all the time but he just doesn't want to. He has watery eyes on and off when it's really cold and really hot and im to sure if it's just normal for him or whatever but he's always a happy boy but a couple mins ago he lashed out a little and scratch me what do u think is wrong cuz idk anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey
If you detect any change in your buns behaviour then the best thing that you can do is take them to the vets for a checkup. Rabbits are very good at hiding illness/pain so it's hard to try and guess what might be going on, especially if there are no obvious symptoms.
Why is it really cold or really hot? Rabbits don't deal too well with extreme temperature changes so this could be an issue?
Is he eating/pooping ok?
Xx

I took him to the vets last night one this tooth has a spike, I caught it very early on because I've always really been able to tell if there's something going on with him because he cuddles more[emoji23] he normally never sits still.

I meant as in in summer and winter time it comes up if that makes sense and idk whyy

He's going next Friday but I'm honestly so worried about him he hates being away from me most of the time xox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back