• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cinammon

Ranj77

Young Bun
We have lost Cinammon :-( She hasn't been well for a while and she lost a lot of weight over Christmas and with many trips back and forth to the vets since Xmas, I woke up this morning to find her all floppy, and just lying there. She couldn't even sit up, it just broke my heart as she is so small, 6 months is hardly any age at all.

From my very first vet visit in early December they were concerned that she was so small and she did start to gain weight, however over the past couple of weeks she changed and withdrew and it was a struggle to get her to eat and drink and although she never stopped pooing or weeing or eating completely the poos did get smaller and then after different medications and recovery food she seemed to be getting better, or so I though. This morning I realised that I could not let her continue suffering and I let the children say their goodbyes and I took her to the vet. They put her to sleep and they were so nice and supportive even though I was a wreck. I cried most of the way to the vets and then I drove straight to work still in tears. I don't know how I am going to face all of her things when I get home or what I am even going to do with it all. Cinammon was my daughters bun and she seemed to handle it all so well, she seemed so strong whereas I was the complete opposite.

I can't help being really p*ssed off at all of those people who keep their bunny in tiny hutches, don't spend time with them yet their bunnies are fine. We absolutely adored Cinammon and she had everything....huge area to roam around in, toys, love, attention etc and we still lost her. Absoloutly gutted that we have lost our little baby :(

We have lost Cinammon :-( She hasn't been well for a while and she lost a lot of weight over Christmas and with many trips back and forth to the vets since Xmas, I woke up this morning to find her all floppy, and just lying there. She couldn't even sit up, it just broke my heart as she is so small, 6 months is hardly any age at all.

From my very first vet visit in early December they were concerned that she was so small and she did start to gain weight, however over the past couple of weeks she changed and withdrew and it was a struggle to get her to eat and drink and although she never stopped pooing or weeing or eating completely the poos did get smaller and then after different medications and recovery food she seemed to be getting better, or so I though. This morning I realised that I could not let her continue suffering and I let the children say their goodbyes and I took her to the vet. They put her to sleep and they were so nice and supportive even though I was a wreck. I cried most of the way to the vets and then I drove straight to work still in tears. I don't know how I am going to face all of her things when I get home or what I am even going to do with it all. Cinammon was my daughters bun and she seemed to handle it all so well, she seemed so strong whereas I was the complete opposite.

I can't help being really p*ssed off at all of those people who keep their bunny in tiny hutches, don't spend time with them yet their bunnies are fine. We absolutely adored Cinammon and she had everything....huge area to roam around in, toys, love, attention etc and we still lost her. Absoloutly gutted that we have lost our little baby :(

I am so very sorry to read this :(

She had the most wonderful life with you, and that's all that matters now.

Love and hugs x

How tragic :cry: I am so sorry :cry:

RIP Cinnamon xx

I'm very sorry you have lost Cinnamon, it is heartbreaking, especially one so young
I can't help being really p*ssed off at all of those people who keep their bunny in tiny hutches, don't spend time with them yet their bunnies are fine. We absolutely adored Cinammon and she had everything....huge area to roam around in, toys, love, attention etc and we still lost her.
Your thoughts (above) echo mine every time I look at my two
Hugs to you and your family for getting through the next few days

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words, I really appreciate it.

I cleared away all of Cinnamons things on Saturday, it was really tough. I didn't know what to do with it all so I have just tidied it all up and put it neatly in a huge pile. She has so many things. We used to keep her in our utility and the utility looks huge now that all of her things are in one corner

I need to ring the vets today to discuss the process post euthanasia, I am not looking forward to the conversation although I am a lot calmer about the whole situation now. What happens now? I remember on the day that the vet said there were 2 options after an euthanasia, does anyone know what they are? just so I can prepare myself for the chat with them.

The children had a lovely idea, to do something special in the garden to remember her by, has anyone else done anything similar?

Back