• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Happy New Year present from Pickle - twin Pygmy goat kids

Zoobec

Staff member
Pickle the Pygmy goat has given birth to twins tonight :love: I've been a nervous wreck in the run up to it all after losing Patch and her kid earlier on this year when she tried to deliver it :cry:

Pickle had a very quick labour, without needing any help, she gave birth to the first one and whilst she was cleaning it up delivered the second. They were like corks out of a champagne bottle :lol:

They all seem to be doing well, the second is smaller than the first, they're both feeding well and Pickle is a devoted mum :love: I don't know how much I'm going to sleep tonight because I'm paranoid that something will go wrong:cry:

I'm watching them on goat cam so as not to interfere too much. Fingers crossed they will all be ok :love:

Last edited:
Pickle the Pygmy goat has given birth to twins tonight :love: I've been a nervous wreck in the run up to it all after losing Patch and her kid earlier on this year when she tried to deliver it :cry:

Pickle had a very quick labour, without needing any help, she gave birth to the first one and whilst she was cleaning it up delivered the second. They were like corks out of a champagne bottle :lol:

They all seem to be doing well, the second is smaller than the first, they're both feeding well and Pickle is a devoted mum :love: I don't know how much I'm going to sleep tonight because I'm paranoid that something will go wrong:cry:

I'm watching them on goat cam so as not to interfere too much. Fingers crossed they will all be ok :love:

Oh what lovely news Zoobec! New Year's Day babes :love:

I really hope all goes well for them and you manage to get some sleep xx

Ps the black liquid is a 'tea' I made for her with a spoonful of black treacle and some boiled water with cold water added :)

Awww! :love: Wee goatkins! :love:

I'm glad they arrived in an uneventful manner. What a wonderful surprise for New Year's! :love: xxxx

OMG how cute :love:

Do the little ones feel the cold? It must cold 'up North' (judging by my own time in Sheffield)

The timing wasn't ideal but Pickle had her own agenda when she arrived in the summer ;) they are lovely and snugly warm as hubby has insulated and lined the shed, and they have a heat lamp, so it's nice and warm even when it was freezing outside last night.

The larger kid to the right of Pickle was the first to arrive, he is a boy :love: and the smaller kid to her left is a little girl :love:

Thankyou for all the well wishes :love:

The timing wasn't ideal but Pickle had her own agenda when she arrived in the summer ;) they are lovely and snugly warm as hubby has insulated and lined the shed, and they have a heat lamp, so it's nice and warm even when it was freezing outside last night.

The larger kid to the right of Pickle was the first to arrive, he is a boy :love: and the smaller kid to her left is a little girl :love:

Thankyou for all the well wishes :love:

Oh how lovely :love: Lucky little goats xx

Aaaw how lovely. Will you keep both babies?

Sorry I missed this! The plan is to sell them on,they will definitely stay for at least 3 months. I will be looking for a perfect home for them. Little boy will need to be castrated as they are fertile from 8 weeks and I can't risk him getting his mum or sister pregnant! They are still all doing well, Pickle is enjoying triple helpings of food, both kids are feeding well and like cuddles:love:

They've been trying to skip and jump and trying to climb on Pickle whilst she is laid down :lol:

Last edited:
I want baby goat cuddles & with mama Pickle too. The babies sound like right good fun already

Back