• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy hay

excellent. It goes down well here - I don't think they eat much more of it but it makes me feel better:lol: You will let us know what your bunnies think of it?

Yes, I'm anticipating that I'll be reporting much the same as you. They like their Ings and eat lots of it. I don't expect them not to like the timothy, but I will like it :lol:

Well, it arrived about an hour ago. As anticipated I like it lots, especially the seed heads :D I also like it's stalkiness. It seems to be more healthy, although apart from teeth-grinding properties, I can't imagine it is any different in that respect. Also reading thumps post yesterday about hay, she was saying that wildies eat a wide variety of different species of hay and so maybe for some rabbits meadow hay would be best. Ah, I think we could speculate ad nauseum :lol: The important thing for me is that it is good quality and smells good.

Oh yes, it was bought for the rabbits wasn't it :oops: Well, I disturbed their usual post-breakfast sleep and put a lump in front of them. It was immediately eaten, but as my rabbits are really not at all discerning as far as food is concerned, I think I would have had a similar result if I'd put a lump of fresh Ings in front of them :lol:

Well, it arrived about an hour ago. As anticipated I like it lots, especially the seed heads :D I also like it's stalkiness. It seems to be more healthy, although apart from teeth-grinding properties, I can't imagine it is any different in that respect. Also reading thumps post yesterday about hay, she was saying that wildies eat a wide variety of different species of hay and so maybe for some rabbits meadow hay would be best. Ah, I think we could speculate ad nauseum :lol: The important thing for me is that it is good quality and smells good.

Oh yes, it was bought for the rabbits wasn't it :oops: Well, I disturbed their usual post-breakfast sleep and put a lump in front of them. It was immediately eaten, but as my rabbits are really not at all discerning as far as food is concerned, I think I would have had a similar result if I'd put a lump of fresh Ings in front of them :lol:

we we are happy with our bunnies hay & that is what counts:lol: I noted what Thumps said about meadow hay too - all good as mine now have both (I've cut down on the oatigrass a little). Sad I know but I like the sacks as so much less mess. Do you think you're OH would cope with a hay bale stored in the house?:shock:

we we are happy with our bunnies hay & that is what counts:lol: I noted what Thumps said about meadow hay too - all good as mine now have both (I've cut down on the oatigrass a little). Sad I know but I like the sacks as so much less mess. Do you think you're OH would cope with a hay bale stored in the house?:shock:

OMG Nooooooo :shock:

The hay doesn't even get taken into the house from the courier. It goes from the front gate, round the path to the rear of the house and then straight into the rabbit shed :lol: I know, I know I should have asked this type of question before we bought the house together :lol:

Yes, I've kept the timothy in it's sack also. I presume others do the same? It seems as though it would be OK.

Timothy is such a nice name too :love: It's actually the name I gave my bump before I had my daughter :oops:

ETA Yes, I've still got Oatigrass too.

OMG Nooooooo :shock:

The hay doesn't even get taken into the house from the courier. It goes from the front gate, round the path to the rear of the house and then straight into the rabbit shed :lol: I know, I know I should have asked this type of question before we bought the house together :lol:

Yes, I've kept the timothy in it's sack also. I presume others do the same? It seems as though it would be OK.

Timothy is such a nice name too :love: It's actually the name I gave my bump before I had my daughter :oops:

ETA Yes, I've still got Oatigrass too.
:lol:

What an entertaining report from both owner and rabbits :lol::lol:

My dental lovelies have a little struggle with really stalky sometimes, but they love this:

http://www.natures-touch.org/natures-touch-hay.html

Thinking about what thumps said about mixing hays, etc, I am pleased they love it! Gets mixed in with the readigrass :D

Yep mine stays in the sack/s in the shed, no problems :thumb:

Edit;
I feed ings, timothy and meadow hay and hay from the local farmer and various ones that take my fancy through the year :lol:

Back