Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timothy hay

Quote Originally Posted by omi View Post
    which courier do timothy hay co. Use please?
    apc

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    apc
    Thanks

Did you order some Omi?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Did you order some Omi?
    I did It's arriving tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I did It's arriving tomorrow
    excellent. It goes down well here - I don't think they eat much more of it but it makes me feel better You will let us know what your bunnies think of it?

Warren Veteran

excellent. It goes down well here - I don't think they eat much more of it but it makes me feel better You will let us know what your bunnies think of it?
    Yes, I'm anticipating that I'll be reporting much the same as you. They like their Ings and eat lots of it. I don't expect them not to like the timothy, but I will like it

Warren Veteran

Well, it arrived about an hour ago. As anticipated I like it lots, especially the seed heads I also like it's stalkiness. It seems to be more healthy, although apart from teeth-grinding properties, I can't imagine it is any different in that respect. Also reading thumps post yesterday about hay, she was saying that wildies eat a wide variety of different species of hay and so maybe for some rabbits meadow hay would be best. Ah, I think we could speculate ad nauseum The important thing for me is that it is good quality and smells good.

Oh yes, it was bought for the rabbits wasn't it Well, I disturbed their usual post-breakfast sleep and put a lump in front of them. It was immediately eaten, but as my rabbits are really not at all discerning as far as food is concerned, I think I would have had a similar result if I'd put a lump of fresh Ings in front of them

Well, it arrived about an hour ago. As anticipated I like it lots, especially the seed heads I also like it's stalkiness. It seems to be more healthy, although apart from teeth-grinding properties, I can't imagine it is any different in that respect. Also reading thumps post yesterday about hay, she was saying that wildies eat a wide variety of different species of hay and so maybe for some rabbits meadow hay would be best. Ah, I think we could speculate ad nauseum The important thing for me is that it is good quality and smells good.

Oh yes, it was bought for the rabbits wasn't it Well, I disturbed their usual post-breakfast sleep and put a lump in front of them. It was immediately eaten, but as my rabbits are really not at all discerning as far as food is concerned, I think I would have had a similar result if I'd put a lump of fresh Ings in front of them
    we we are happy with our bunnies hay & that is what counts I noted what Thumps said about meadow hay too - all good as mine now have both (I've cut down on the oatigrass a little). Sad I know but I like the sacks as so much less mess. Do you think you're OH would cope with a hay bale stored in the house?

Warren Veteran

we we are happy with our bunnies hay & that is what counts I noted what Thumps said about meadow hay too - all good as mine now have both (I've cut down on the oatigrass a little). Sad I know but I like the sacks as so much less mess. Do you think you're OH would cope with a hay bale stored in the house?
    OMG Nooooooo

The hay doesn't even get taken into the house from the courier. It goes from the front gate, round the path to the rear of the house and then straight into the rabbit shed I know, I know I should have asked this type of question before we bought the house together

Yes, I've kept the timothy in it's sack also. I presume others do the same? It seems as though it would be OK.

Timothy is such a nice name too It's actually the name I gave my bump before I had my daughter

ETA Yes, I've still got Oatigrass too.

OMG Nooooooo

The hay doesn't even get taken into the house from the courier. It goes from the front gate, round the path to the rear of the house and then straight into the rabbit shed I know, I know I should have asked this type of question before we bought the house together

Yes, I've kept the timothy in it's sack also. I presume others do the same? It seems as though it would be OK.

Timothy is such a nice name too It's actually the name I gave my bump before I had my daughter

ETA Yes, I've still got Oatigrass too.