• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

~Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016~

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016 ~

This year, I have been allowed the privilege and honor of making the Candle Ceremony Thread. I hope I can do it justice.

Being in the US, the time difference between us and the UK is about 9 hours. If no one minds, I am posting a memorial poem and candle image now since it is already December 30th there. If at this time anyone would like to join the thread, which runs through NYE, please feel free to do so and include your photos, memories, sentiments and poems or add a candle to light the way to our departed friends who left us this year. You can post a virtual candle and short message here:

http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

and link it to the thread if you wish, or you may light real candles at home, of course, if that is your preference.

So many have journeyed in 2016, and they are all missed very deeply, and will never be forgotten. :cry:

For those who may be or feel unable to participate, I'd like to offer this poem found for me by my daughter when my Bridge Dog, Shadow, crossed to the Rainbow in 2010. Whatever beliefs you may hold, I hope these words will lend some comfort and peace as you remember your dear ones who are no longer in our physical presence, but instead live forever in our hearts. :love:

My most sincere sympathies to all at RU who have had to say farewell to treasured friends. Bless you.

Broken Chain
We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer

giphy.gif

Thank you so much for organising this year's Candle Ceremony M, I am sorry that I am no longer able to do so. I am sure that many RU Members will want to participate, there have been so many sad losses this year :cry:

Thank You for doing the Candle Ceremony :love:

I will be thinking of all we have lost, heres hoping they are now free from pain and enjoying life at the bridge x

~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016 ~

This year, I have been allowed the privilege and honor of making the Candle Ceremony Thread. I hope I can do it justice.

Being in the US, the time difference between us and the UK is about 9 hours. If no one minds, I am posting a memorial poem and candle image now since it is already December 30th there. If at this time anyone would like to join the thread, which runs through NYE, please feel free to do so and include your photos, memories, sentiments and poems or add a candle to light the way to our departed friends who left us this year. You can post a virtual candle and short message here:

http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

and link it to the thread if you wish, or you may light real candles at home, of course, if that is your preference.

So many have journeyed in 2016, and they are all missed very deeply, and will never be forgotten. :cry:

For those who may be or feel unable to participate, I'd like to offer this poem found for me by my daughter when my Bridge Dog, Shadow, crossed to the Rainbow in 2010. Whatever beliefs you may hold, I hope these words will lend some comfort and peace as you remember your dear ones who are no longer in our physical presence, but instead live forever in our hearts. :love:

My most sincere sympathies to all at RU who have had to say farewell to treasured friends. Bless you.

Broken Chain
We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer

giphy.gif

MM you are an angel thank you so much :love:

Last edited:
Thank you for arranging this MM, I'll be lighting a candle at home tomorrow evening for my losses this year and thinking of all others who have made the journey to rainbow bridge. The poem is lovely, I've been thinking a lot of Jack dog today and will look over his photos tomorrow of him enjoying life. :love:

I will be doing this tomorrow. I am really hurting today for my rainbow bridge animals.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Can I mention mine now, in case I don't get here tomorrow? In 2016 I lost all four of my rabbits - Matthew in April, and Tabitha, Charles and Cecile in June.
Many rabbits have done excellently, but you have excelled them all.

Remembering my little Tilly Tuppence who was helped to The Bridge on 26th October.

Also remembering Louie, Barney, Tinkerbell and Simba.

Sleep tightly little one's xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remembering my gorgeous, brave Timmy bunny. You taught me so much. I hope you are pain free and having fun now.

And my little Faithy. Thank you for eventually trusting me. I'm sorry your last couple of weeks was so very stressful for you. I hope you are relaxed now.

I miss you both so very much :cry:

Also remembering Fluff and Bailey, and all the other furry friends I've lost.

We will be lighting candles for our beloved Joey, Teeny and Weeny whom we lost in November of this year. You will always stay in our hearts, we love and miss you so much.

My thoughts are with everyone who has lost someone dear to them.

Lelantos (Lela).

Galinda.

Takumi (Little Bit).

Apollo (Polly).

The holes in my heart have become scars now, but that's how I know you'll always be there. Binky free my sweethearts. Let my rabbits be your legacy.

Bee. Dear, sweet puddy cat. The neighbourhood has lost one of it's true kitty characters. You had so, so much love to give. I'm sorry that by doing the 'right' thing by you, it ended up being ultimately the worst.

Also remembering my mum's guinea pigs: Parsley, Sage, Benny, and Björn. All quickly followed one another, with no rhyme nor reason by it. :(

(I'm lighting a candle in my mind for all you little dears - and those that went before you. I don't have the energy to do much more.)

To my beloved black lop Horace, who sadly left us in January, thank you for reintroducing me to the joy, delight and heartbreak of living with a rabbit

Thinking of all those who have lost loved ones this year, human or furry.

Although my precious Rolo left me in 2015, I will be remembering him today as I do every day.

Always in my heart my special boy xxx

466da89bcb9456e1788fb27bf65365fa.jpg

Remembering my Bam. I miss you every day. I love you

Candle lit for Buddy the Cocker spaniel. Forever missing you

Binky free Barry. We miss you so much

And all of our other family furries that crossed the bridge over the years

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone, I stand with you and hold out a virtual hand to hold as you reminisce and post your beautiful memories. These are very blessed animal and/or human companions to have known you lovely people and had you in their lives. :love:

Please continue to post as you are able, if you wish to do so. ((((Hugs))))

I am officially lighting the forum candle for this evening now. I'm afraid Gratefulness.org doesn't seem to offer the option of making proper candle groups anymore, or I may have missed it, but here is my thought for everyone this evening.

http://gratefulness.org/candle/904823-2/

May 2017 be a year filled with new, happy memories and less loss than we have suffered this year.
God bless you all. xxxx

I lost beautiful, gentle Patrick to heart failure earlier this year, and baby Lily of RHD2 in June. It's been a tough year; onwards and upwards to 2017 but Patrick and Lily never forgotten xx

Back