Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016~

Default ~Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016~

~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016 ~

This year, I have been allowed the privilege and honor of making the Candle Ceremony Thread. I hope I can do it justice.

Being in the US, the time difference between us and the UK is about 9 hours. If no one minds, I am posting a memorial poem and candle image now since it is already December 30th there. If at this time anyone would like to join the thread, which runs through NYE, please feel free to do so and include your photos, memories, sentiments and poems or add a candle to light the way to our departed friends who left us this year. You can post a virtual candle and short message here:

http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

and link it to the thread if you wish, or you may light real candles at home, of course, if that is your preference.

So many have journeyed in 2016, and they are all missed very deeply, and will never be forgotten.

For those who may be or feel unable to participate, I'd like to offer this poem found for me by my daughter when my Bridge Dog, Shadow, crossed to the Rainbow in 2010. Whatever beliefs you may hold, I hope these words will lend some comfort and peace as you remember your dear ones who are no longer in our physical presence, but instead live forever in our hearts.

My most sincere sympathies to all at RU who have had to say farewell to treasured friends. Bless you.

Broken Chain
    We little knew that morning that
    God was going to call your name.
    In life we loved you dearly,
    in death we do the same.
    It broke our hearts to lose you,
    you did not go alone;
    for part of us went with you
    the day God called you home.
    You left us peaceful memories,
    your love is still our guide,
    and though we cannot see you,
    you are always by our side.
    Our family chain is broken
    and nothing seems the same,
    but as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer

Wise Old Thumper

Thank you so much for organising this year's Candle Ceremony M, I am sorry that I am no longer able to do so. I am sure that many RU Members will want to participate, there have been so many sad losses this year

Thank You for doing the Candle Ceremony

I will be thinking of all we have lost, heres hoping they are now free from pain and enjoying life at the bridge x
    Toulouse,Otto & Minnie cats <3

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    ~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve ~ 2016 ~

This year, I have been allowed the privilege and honor of making the Candle Ceremony Thread. I hope I can do it justice.

Being in the US, the time difference between us and the UK is about 9 hours. If no one minds, I am posting a memorial poem and candle image now since it is already December 30th there. If at this time anyone would like to join the thread, which runs through NYE, please feel free to do so and include your photos, memories, sentiments and poems or add a candle to light the way to our departed friends who left us this year. You can post a virtual candle and short message here:

http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

and link it to the thread if you wish, or you may light real candles at home, of course, if that is your preference.

So many have journeyed in 2016, and they are all missed very deeply, and will never be forgotten.

For those who may be or feel unable to participate, I'd like to offer this poem found for me by my daughter when my Bridge Dog, Shadow, crossed to the Rainbow in 2010. Whatever beliefs you may hold, I hope these words will lend some comfort and peace as you remember your dear ones who are no longer in our physical presence, but instead live forever in our hearts.

My most sincere sympathies to all at RU who have had to say farewell to treasured friends. Bless you.

Broken Chain
    We little knew that morning that
    God was going to call your name.
    In life we loved you dearly,
    in death we do the same.
    It broke our hearts to lose you,
    you did not go alone;
    for part of us went with you
    the day God called you home.
    You left us peaceful memories,
    your love is still our guide,
    and though we cannot see you,
    you are always by our side.
    Our family chain is broken
    and nothing seems the same,
    but as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

Ron Tranmer

MM you are an angel thank you so much
    Last edited by MightyMax; 30-12-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you for arranging this MM, I'll be lighting a candle at home tomorrow evening for my losses this year and thinking of all others who have made the journey to rainbow bridge. The poem is lovely, I've been thinking a lot of Jack dog today and will look over his photos tomorrow of him enjoying life.

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

I will be doing this tomorrow. I am really hurting today for my rainbow bridge animals.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Is this just to honour the furry losses or are hooman ones allowed?

Wise Old Thumper

Can I mention mine now, in case I don't get here tomorrow? In 2016 I lost all four of my rabbits - Matthew in April, and Tabitha, Charles and Cecile in June.
    Many rabbits have done excellently, but you have excelled them all.

Remembering my little Tilly Tuppence who was helped to The Bridge on 26th October.

Also remembering Louie, Barney, Tinkerbell and Simba.

Sleep tightly little one's xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remembering my gorgeous, brave Timmy bunny. You taught me so much. I hope you are pain free and having fun now.

And my little Faithy. Thank you for eventually trusting me. I'm sorry your last couple of weeks was so very stressful for you. I hope you are relaxed now.

I miss you both so very much

Also remembering Fluff and Bailey, and all the other furry friends I've lost.