• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I have some successful bonding vibes for Dottie.

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Our single doe Dottie is going on a 'date' tomorrow with a handsome chap from a rescue centre :)

I'd been looking for weeks for a suitable sounding friend for her, when I came across this lovely boy. He's a six month old blue/grey lion head lop cross :love:

I'm nervous and excited, Dottie is quite feisty so I'm scared they won't get on. Any happy bonding vibes will be much appreciated, thank you x

Hi all,

Our single doe Dottie is going on a 'date' tomorrow with a handsome chap from a rescue centre :)

I'd been looking for weeks for a suitable sounding friend for her, when I came across this lovely boy. He's a six month old blue/grey lion head lop cross :love:

I'm nervous and excited, Dottie is quite feisty so I'm scared they won't get on. Any happy bonding vibes will be much appreciated, thank you x

Happy Bonding Dottie :love:

What's his name?

Hi all,

I hope that Dottie will get on well with the Rescue Bun. Is he a feisty chap too or have the Rescue said he's a bit of a 'yes dear, anything you say dear' !??

Thanks everyone, it's much appreciated.

Unfortunately things didn't go to plan and the lady felt they weren't right for each other. Tbh though I felt the same and didn't feel like he was 'the one'. Dottie turned into a frightened little thing and he did take a couple of swipes at her. The lady is very experienced and can assess quite quickly if they will be a good pairing.

She did have one other male who was an absolute cutie, but is not ready to be bonded yet as he isn't neutered. We've asked that she keep us in mind for after he is neutered and she does have more coming in January.

In the meantime we will keep looking around x

She sounds like you and she really know the bunnies personalities, sorry it didn't work out but I hope you find somebunny more suitable soon xx

It's a shame, but it's far better all round if it's realised at this stage that it's unlikely to be successful.

There will be a perfect man rabbit for Dottie soon.

Thanks everyone, it's disappointing, but we obviously want to get this right. We did travel a long way so it was a shame that there wasn't any others to try.

I've been back to the drawing board and have found a rescue with a number of babies who have just arrived. Does anyone know if it could be more successful introducing Dottie to a baby who might be less intimidating?

On the other hand though, I would have loved to offer a home to an older or less desirable rabbit that might be harder to place than a cute baby x

Thanks everyone, it's disappointing, but we obviously want to get this right. We did travel a long way so it was a shame that there wasn't any others to try.

I've been back to the drawing board and have found a rescue with a number of babies who have just arrived. Does anyone know if it could be more successful introducing Dottie to a baby who might be less intimidating?

On the other hand though, I would have loved to offer a home to an older or less desirable rabbit that might be harder to place than a cute baby x

Personally I feel that the personality of an individual rabbit is more important than age or breed.

I would also want to try to offer a home to a rabbit, who had been in rescue a while or who would be perceived to be less desirable, but of course that is not always possible.

Another point is that one of the babies would need to be neutered, so you would need to either wait until that was done or bond first and then risk not being able to re-bond after neutering.

It's not easy is it :roll:

Thanks Omi, your right it's not easy, but also really fun looking etc ;)

There's no rush really, so I wouldn't mind if we had to wait for a baby to be ready but I think I might wonder if I could have helped one more 'needy'. Although I guess by adopting any rescue rabbit you are in fact helping others by freeing up space / resources x

Back