• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Tight Betsy :(

icklemunch

Young Bun
Lost my beautiful girl this morning,in shock and heart broken!

Betsy went into GI sasis on friday, she was under vet treament straight away. Her two front upper teeth had broken. Finally last night she started pooping but still no interest in food so was still syringe feeding her. 6am this morning she looked throughly fed up. Gave her her metacam and zantac and when very gently wiping her front from food spillages she suddenly screamed! Just awful and went floppy. Wrapped her up and cuddled her until the vets opened at 7am. Rung them said to bring in straight away. Went to put her in her carry case and she screamed again and passed in my arms. Just gutted and so guilty i put her through all the stress for nothing. Her husbun Barney is very sad :( he adored her but luckily still eating.

Betsy Bob you was just amazing, so much character in your little Mini Lop body. You ruled the roost. We was so lucky to have you for 5 and a half years. You made us laugh every single day! My first bunny. You was far from perfect, so stubborn but you was my perfect! The house is so quiet without you. We are heart broken. We love you 💔. Will make sure your Barney is ok i promise. Be good princess. I am sorry xxxxx

Lost my beautiful girl this morning,in shock and heart broken!

Betsy went into GI sasis on friday, she was under vet treament straight away. Her two front upper teeth had broken. Finally last night she started pooping but still no interest in food so was still syringe feeding her. 6am this morning she looked throughly fed up. Gave her her metacam and zantac and when very gently wiping her front from food spillages she suddenly screamed! Just awful and went floppy. Wrapped her up and cuddled her until the vets opened at 7am. Rung them said to bring in straight away. Went to put her in her carry case and she screamed again and passed in my arms. Just gutted and so guilty i put her through all the stress for nothing. Her husbun Barney is very sad :( he adored her but luckily still eating.

Betsy Bob you was just amazing, so much character in your little Mini Lop body. You ruled the roost. We was so lucky to have you for 5 and a half years. You made us laugh every single day! My first bunny. You was far from perfect, so stubborn but you was my perfect! The house is so quiet without you. We are heart broken. We love you 💔. Will make sure your Barney is ok i promise. Be good princess. I am sorry xxxxx

Oh no I'm sorry, that's awful :cry:

Run free Betsy. You did everything you could for her. She sounds to have had a lovely life with you :love:

Really sorry to hear about your little Betsy passing. They are such important parts of our lives and seeing them in pain or having to say good by is so hard. My heart goes out to you. All you can do for her now is to look after Barney through this tough time. I'm going through something like this right now as my little baby puff passed away only a couple of days ago unexpectedly. Be strong, take the time you need and know you gave her a great life of happiness.

So very sorry for your loss. I lost my boy Rio suddenly too.He screamed in the night and I rushed to his cage in the room,he tried to crawl towards me,screamed again and was gone.This was over four years ago.He was eight.I think now of his gentleness and naughty behaviour,rather than that awful night.Binky free Betsy.:cry:

I'm so sorry you lost her :cry: you did everything you could do for her. Binky free Betsy xx

I'm so very sorry to read this, and that you have lost your beloved bun. I lost my little boy back in July, and just have his sister now, I'm taking great care of her for him. You did all you could for Betsy, and I'm sure she knew that. Binky free Betsy xxxxxx

Betsy sounds like she was a wondeful little bunny with a huge character. I'm so sorry her time came :( Sweet dreams Betsy xx

I'm so very sorry...what a very tragic thing to happen. (((((Hugs))))
Sweet dreams, Betsy. xxxx

I am sorry for your very sad and sudden loss. I know for you it is little consolation, but you were with Betsy when she passed. Hugs xxx

Back