• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our wonderful bunnies - we miss you.

jojosmum

Young Bun
We lost our 3 wonderful bunnies, Teeny, Weeny and Joey (Jojo) last month. All died within days of one another. Teeny passed away on November 10th, Joey on 11th and Weeny on 16th. They became ill so quickly and died soon afterwards. It looks like it was viral haemorrhagic disease.

We are totally devastated. We loved our bunnies and they were so much part of our family. We rescued Teeny and Weeny, who were sisters, from our local SSPCA shelter almost 4 years ago. They were just babies and we saw them grow into wonderful pets.Teeny was very much the boss between the 2 girls, Weeny was sweet and got chased a bit by her sister, but they still snuggled up to groom one another in the early days especially. Joey was also rescued. We got him from Adoption for Pets through our local Pets at Home store. Just fell in love with him when we saw him his little pen - decided straight away that he would be a great companion for our girls. He was the most wonderful, friendly, cuddly little boy and he stole our hearts. He was great with the girls and spent loads of time with them, snuggling and grooming. He seemed to be head groomer out of the 3 of them! They all spent much of the day out in our secure garden, roaming around free as I was at home all day and could keep an eye on them. We used to call them our 'free range buns'. They had a fabulous life with us, only slept in a cage at night and could come and go around the garden as they pleased, visit their big hutch or the big shed where we kept their cages for night time. We're absolutely shattered at their passing. It happened in such an unexpected and cruel way. They had so many happy years still ahead of them with our family.

Just feel so sad. We miss them all so much. Binky free at Rainbow Bridge my babies. We will never forget you.

jojosmum

Last edited:
How sad, I'm sorry that you lost them in this way. I hope you have lots of happy memories of your time together. Binky free little ones x

Thank you both so much for your kind words.

We do have wonderful memories of our time together and it's having those that helps us to bear our loss.

I'm so sorry you lost Teeny, Weeny and Joey :cry: A very cruel disease. Sending lots of hugs for you.

So sorry for your loss, it sounds like they all had a lovely life with you, I am sure you have lots of brilliant memories of them, sending loads of healing vibes your way. Binky free little Teeney, Weeney and Joey

Thank you both, your kind words are much appreciated. Have been finding it difficult today - we just miss them all so much. Their passing has left an enormous hole in our lives. The speed at which it all happened was awful.

Every day we spent a lot of time caring for our buns - I was usually on 'cat watch' (there are a few cats living in the neighbourhood & I had to look out for them wandering into our garden in case they chased the buns), hubby was the one who settled them in the shed every night. My daughter and I were on cleaning duty every weekend, mucking out the cages and shed. Teeny used to wander in to see how things were going:). We used to call her The Hotel Inspector! Jojo would usually be just behind her, coming in for a peek too. Weeny couldn't have cared less - she didn't bother checking but did like her nice clean cage that night. I never thought that I would miss all this.:cry:

Back