• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fluffy struggling to move

She ate some breakfast today too, I decided to sit there whilst she was in the litter tray and kept pushing it into her face, she kept taking bites of it which was good.

She still doesn't really want to eat on her own yet but doing everything possible to tempt her, she's not had a syringe feed this morning due to her having breakfast.

I've got some plantain and other random stuff growing in the yard so will try her with that in a bit.

My plantain is dying off in the garden now, but I have chickweed which they usually love. Rose leaves are often tempting too, if you can lay your hands on any.

Vibes for today xx

My plantain is dying off in the garden now, but I have chickweed which they usually love. Rose leaves are often tempting too, if you can lay your hands on any.

Vibes for today xx

Don't know what version I have then but it hasn't died off in a winter yet

Fluffy had some basil and sage earlier on today, I was going to syringe fed her tonight after work however I've just got in now and for the 1st time in the last few days she's actively snatched her tea out of my hand and is sat eating it, she's still got a tilt to her but is at this moment feeling well enough to eat on her own.

It's progress at least and is 1st time in about 3 days I've felt relieved about her health.

Fingers crossed for the tilt to go and her not been so wobbly

Fluffy had some basil and sage earlier on today, I was going to syringe fed her tonight after work however I've just got in now and for the 1st time in the last few days she's actively snatched her tea out of my hand and is sat eating it, she's still got a tilt to her but is at this moment feeling well enough to eat on her own.

It's progress at least and is 1st time in about 3 days I've felt relieved about her health.

This is really encouraging news Dave :) She may have some small set-backs along the way but it is possible for a Rabbit to recover from headtilt, even if they are left with a degree of 'wonkiness' they can adapt well and lead a very happy life.

I had a bunny who was left with some tilt. It was not long before he figured out how to balance with is new look. It is nice to know Fluffy is returning to eating on her own. It is such a relief when syringe feedings can be reduced or eliminated.
Sending you and Fluffy more vibes.

I've had a good night's sleep and a lie in today, 1st one since Wednesday!

Fluffy has just charged at me for her breakfast, think she had forgotten about the balance issues as she took a dive to the floor in the process but she got back up and munched through breakfast

I've had a good night's sleep and a lie in today, 1st one since Wednesday!

Fluffy has just charged at me for her breakfast, think she had forgotten about the balance issues as she took a dive to the floor in the process but she got back up and munched through breakfast

She is showing a real fighting spirit now ! The more she moves about the more her co-ordination and confidence should improve. Obviously you'll need to be mindful that she cannot attempt to jump up onto/off high surfaces at this stage incase she injures herself. But moving about on a level suface will really help her.

You may find that she becomes more 'wobbly' if you have to pick her up as it could make her feel more dizzy again. But she should regain her balance once back on terraferma.

Progress indeed - well done Fluffy :D

Fluffy seems to be doing fine, she is currently weeing on the carpet rather than getting into the litter box, I suspect this is more down to the fact I threw hay everywhere over the weekend to try encourage her to eat so now she thinks the whole room is a litter tray. She was using it fine before I threw the hay around when she was feeling her worst.

She didn't want breakfast this morning but ate some herbs instead and she is now tucking into tea.

It's weird seeing her with head tilt it's not a massive tilt like I've seen in some rabbits just off to the side. I'll have to add a picture to this thread when I fire up the laptop

Yes, please add some photos of Fluffy :)

It is very weird seeing them with head tilt, it took me quite a while to adjust but I barely notice is now. I've dug out some of my previous Hiro picture threads. I thought that it might be nice for you to see that they can live normal, happy lives even with a tilt. Especially if it's not too extreme and from what you've said above it doesn't seem like it is :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?460329-Hiro-Spam

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?457636-Making-progress-)

Hiro will always be tilted but his head has straightened quite a bit over the last few months and I think that it will continue to improve :) Gentle neck massages and toys to exercise her neck might help too.

Last edited:
Fluffy seems to be doing fine, she is currently weeing on the carpet rather than getting into the litter box, I suspect this is more down to the fact I threw hay everywhere over the weekend to try encourage her to eat so now she thinks the whole room is a litter tray. She was using it fine before I threw the hay around when she was feeling her worst.

She didn't want breakfast this morning but ate some herbs instead and she is now tucking into tea.

It's weird seeing her with head tilt it's not a massive tilt like I've seen in some rabbits just off to the side. I'll have to add a picture to this thread when I fire up the laptop

Good to hear Dave - you must be very relieved :)

Hiro will always be tilted but his head has straightened quite a bit over the last few months and I think that it will continue to improve :) Gentle neck massages and toys to exercise her neck might help too.

Aww bless he looks so cute, yeah Fluffy isn't that bad with hers, it's noticeable but not to that extreme as such.

Back