• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow chard, watercress, red urine?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
One of the girls has red urine. Not sure which one but I know it can be diet related. The only thing they've had differently the last couple days is that I've given them some watercress and some rainbow chard. Could this cause the red urine?

One of them is passing normal coloured urine but then Daphne doesn't eat her watercress or rainbow chard.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have never fed mine with either of these, but I do find red or orange coloured urine with some fresh food. It's not difficult to imagine that Rainbow Chard would produce red urine because of it's colour. I hope that their urine is back to its normal hue today.

Thanks both.

Still not sure who's doing it, but it's going more orange now (when I checked at 5am) I'll look again when I get home and just keep an eye.

One of the girls has red urine. Not sure which one but I know it can be diet related. The only thing they've had differently the last couple days is that I've given them some watercress and some rainbow chard. Could this cause the red urine?

One of them is passing normal coloured urine but then Daphne doesn't eat her watercress or rainbow chard.

I have fed rainbow chard and it had the same effect :)

(I love the look of it - very striking. The chard not the wee :lol:)

I have fed rainbow chard and it had the same effect :)

(I love the look of it - very striking. The chard not the wee [emoji38])
Thanks. It seems to have gone back to normal now.

I give up trying to give them some excitement in their diet. (The had about 1/4 of what was offered of the chard) and much prefer their boring, cheap fresh greens.

Thanks. It seems to have gone back to normal now.

I give up trying to give them some excitement in their diet. (The had about 1/4 of what was offered of the chard) and much prefer their boring, cheap fresh greens.

Haha. For a rabbit I guess though excitement is not high on the list of necessary criteria for food. Taste and possibly nutritional qualities are probably more important. Fresh greens are probably therefore ideal for them. They know also they can always supplement their diet with some nice tasty herbs outside ;)

Haha. For a rabbit I guess though excitement is not high on the list of necessary criteria for food. Taste and possibly nutritional qualities are probably more important. Fresh greens are probably therefore ideal for them. They know also they can always supplement their diet with some nice tasty herbs outside ;)
[emoji38] they have the right grump today as they've not been let out (OH is sick on the sofa so can't leave back door open).

At least they only cost about 79p a week in fresh veg now.... if I grow any veg I'll let them have some but will give up buying them variety foods lol

Back