• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo Man My Wonderful Giant

karen1980

Mama Doe
Its taken me a while to write this.. I still feel numb and lost

What can I say about Milo?

You bounced into our lives at a year old.
A wonderful arrival the day before my first wedding anniversary! Daniel picked you up from a railway station in Cambridge. Quite small at 3.5Kg with some sore hocks.
We fed you up and cleaned up your hocks.
You were a fine handsome chappie!
In time when you were strong enough we got you neutered and got you a friend Ruby.
She hated me! She used to snuggle and look at me like I was a threat! You still loved to give me kisses and cuddles and I think she hated it!
We went away for the weekend and you broke your leg on the gate in the hallway. My parents found you when they came to check on you in the morning.
We rushed home and got you to Fitzpatricks where they said they could fix you up. So on my birthday you underwent surgery to get your leg pinned.
The best present ever you came round and the surgery was a success!
You had 10 weeks of cage rest and Ruby used o jump on the cage and pee on you.. the meanie! Yet later that year when she had major abdominal surgery you sat by her cage and gave her all the love you could.
Sadly we lost her and I fell pregnant. Being an indoor bunny and me knowing id have a lot of time off you became a single house bun and showered with love.
You used to sit outside the bathroom door when I was ill and when Austin came along we took family photos of you with him. Our two babies together all be it one covered in fur!
You slept under Austin’s crib and ate it to pieces! Taking great delight of the midnight snacks when we got up to feed Austin!
In the summer of this year your legs got bad and we tried all we could. You were on metacam and injections for your arthiritis.
You got so bad one day you couldn’t move your legs at all. We took you to the vet and they upped the pain killer and gave you some tablets for spinal pain.
We had you for almost another week and I gave you all my love that I could.
On Monday morning you refused your metacam and wouldn’t eat your wheeto treats either. Your nose had some discharge and your breathing rattly.
We took you to the vets and I begged if there was anything we could do. She said that anything else wouldn’t be in your best interests. That it was your time and you had told us
Oh my wonderful bunny how my heart is broken, to let you go still gives me nightmares.. I dream that you are okay and still with us.
I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think how you aren’t here anymore.

So to my wonderful beautiful amazing bunny. My life was blessed to have you in it and we were truly honoured to have you in our lives
May you binky at the bridge with your wifey bun Ruby and know that you took a piece of my heart with you.

How lucky am I to have had something so wonderful that makes goodbye so hard.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152495517227555&set=a.423311772554.205361.568227554&type=3&theater

Oh Karen I am so very sorry :cry: Milo could not have been more loved and he will live on in your heart forever.

RIP Milo xx

Thank you.. its just so empty without him.. I desperately miss him and want him back..
Even if I find another house bunny I don't think id ever get a bunny that could live up to him
X

:cry:

Every bunny deserves to be loved in the way Milo was. In reality, few are. Binky free special bun.

Oh Karen I remember when you got Milo, so very sorry for your sad loss. They do become such a part of our lives and heart. Sending a big hug. Xxx

I really am so sorry :cry: I always loved seeing pics of your gorgeous boy, as you know :( letting them go is the hardest but the kindest thing we can do; you helped him as much as you could xxx binky free beautiful Milo xxx

Back