• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H has some new bunny-safe treats

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
Not sure if this has already been posted or not but thought I'd share.
I still have a love-hate relationship with P@H but was pleasantly surprised today to find a new range of (mostly) bunny safe treats. They're £1 a bag or 4 for £3. There are various kinds of treats, some more artificial than I'd personally like to feed, some more natural so there's a choice. They have cookie-type treats with timothy hay, parsley etc and some that are assorted petals. Came home with 8 bags :p So far the buns have tried these ones and love them: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...00%5D||ads_f12501_ntk_cs%3A%22Pets+at+Home%22
I bought some petals too to sprinkle on their hay - these ones I think http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...wers-sunflower-petals-small-animal-topper-14g
Not sure if the whole range is safe for rabbits - I saw one with maize in it so at least one isn't. Personally I prefer the more natural type but nice to see some treats in a pet shop that are actually okay for bunnies instead of full of corn, seeds or dairy. Makes something convenient to have on hand for when bribery is required :p

We also bought the flowers ones, biscuit ones (like thin Fenugreek Crunchies) but what has gone down *really well* is the dried parsley and celery - sprinkled on top of hay, and they're hoovering it up :D

Oh, I didn't get those ones. I'll have to add it to the list for next time ;)
They've been quite spoilt today so they're happy :D They loved the petals.

Thanks for the heads up! We're going to P@H today to restock pellets so I'm wanting to pick some of the flower petal ones :wave:

So we picked some up, OH just wanted to pick one bag up, bless him :roll: (Ignore the dried mixed herbs btw, I don't feed them to the bun/piggies I was cooking at the time :lol: ) so thanks again for the heads up - I definitely would have missed these otherwise, they were on the bottom shelf and took me a while to find them! They've all gone down a real, well er, treat :D

I got these too. So handy to be able to get some dried flowers and only for a pound!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I looked at these last week, and almost bought the biscuit type treats, but put them back when I saw they had added sugar :( there's always something!!

Glad your buns like them! They're certainly popular here :p
It's nice to see P@H finally brining in some treats that aren't too bad, I was so sick of going in there just to see those seed sticks etc, and they're not too expensive either. So far I've found them brilliant for bribing into carriers for vet's trips :p
Going to P@H again on Monday for some dog food so I'll probably pick up some more of the petals. They're proving very popular sprinkled in hay. Keeps them busy for a while :thumb:
I looked at these last week, and almost bought the biscuit type treats, but put them back when I saw they had added sugar :( there's always something!!
Yeah, I dismissed the carrot ones as the first ingredient on the list was sugar. Plus they looked particularly artificial, which I find offputting for anything I give the buns. But some don't have any added (or at least not in the ingredients list). The 'fibre bites' I got don't have sugar in the ingredients list. Some seem to be okay, just got to read the ingredients list and be a bit chosey over which ones you feel are appropriate - as a strict vegetarian I'm familiar with reading ingredients lists on just about everything lol so comes naturally to me anyway thankfully. Plus I always read them when I buy anything for the bunnies too. I'm paranoid like that ;)

Back