Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Selene and Elphie- ud Elphie vet verdict :)

Thank you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I hope you can too

It's helping her a lot, isn't it? x
    It does. Yesterday her behaviour without it went very un-Selene. She was stamping and running away from me. Day before, she chased Elphie, quite aggressively. (Elphie is dominant.) She calmed down with it, so I'm certain pain was making her grouchy.

Elphie just goes full of beans with metacam. She acts like a rabbit at least half her age. I'm used to her needing it more frequently as it really helps Elph maintain weight. But that's the thing - the issues with both these girls are very different.

I've had bad news re: Iris, but we do also have some good news with these 2. Elphie is doing so well that I've decided to take the plunge and book her in for her RHD2 vaccine (Selene was done prior to noticing her illness.)

She also has another story up her sleeve, but that was too good to tell here. I'm afraid you'll just have to hop on over to 'Your Stories and Photos'

Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:
    Bunnies: Elphie & Morningstar, Helios & Selene, Athena, Erasmus & Rivergrace, Persephone & Morpheus, Arce, Yuki, & Niji
    Cats: Brannigan, Nyssa, Zara, & Ajali
    Tortoise: Aurora
    Gone, but not forgotten: Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, Iris

T. L. Cowell - Author & Freelance Writer
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    I've had bad news re: Iris, but we do also have some good news with these 2. Elphie is doing so well that I've decided to take the plunge and book her in for her RHD2 vaccine (Selene was done prior to noticing her illness.)

She also has another story up her sleeve, but that was too good to tell here. I'm afraid you'll just have to hop on over to 'Your Stories and Photos'

Just did

Selene has been weighed at the vets. She's 2.47kg, little chunk. Not bad for a bun with a liver tumour!

Elphie is just over 2kg and at her ideal weight. She's in fantastic shape for a 7 year old bun. I'm glad we made the decision to vaccinate her against RHD2 now she's in better shape.
    Owned by:
    Bunnies: Elphie & Morningstar, Helios & Selene, Athena, Erasmus & Rivergrace, Persephone & Morpheus, Arce, Yuki, & Niji
    Gone, but not forgotten: Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, Iris

TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Warren Veteran

They are both doing amazingly well

Selene has been weighed at the vets. She's 2.47kg, little chunk. Not bad for a bun with a liver tumour!

Elphie is just over 2kg and at her ideal weight. She's in fantastic shape for a 7 year old bun. I'm glad we made the decision to vaccinate her against RHD2 now she's in better shape.

Having just heard about more confirmed RHD2 cases, you made the right decision

I need to book Elphie in for her 6 month health check. I don't always use the rabbits' health checks as it's unnecessary stress for them. But I don't think Elphie's on a high enough dose of metacam now. She still has an incredible zest for life and charms everyone - and I mean everyone - she meets. But there's a little sharpness, keenness, and I don't know Elphie-ness, missing. I think her hearing is going a little too. I don't know.

Just, it's better safe than sorry. :/
    Owned by:

Warren Veteran

I need to book Elphie in for her 6 month health check. I don't always use the rabbits' health checks as it's unnecessary stress for them. But I don't think Elphie's on a high enough dose of metacam now. She still has an incredible zest for life and charms everyone - and I mean everyone - she meets. But there's a little sharpness, keenness, and I don't know Elphie-ness, missing. I think her hearing is going a little too. I don't know.

Just, it's better safe than sorry. :/
    I agree. I don't take mine for regular 6 monthly health checks, but with at least two lots of vaccinations now (still haven't decided whether to do RHD2 twice a year) they do get health checks pretty regularly.

Selene and Elphie are both lovely rabbits and all things considered seem to be doing pretty well. I hope the vet can judge whether Elphie needs more Metacam.

Elphie Flump is booked in for Tuesday with our favourite vet.

...who we sadly had to see today because Alpha piggie lost his will to live after a prolonged illnes.
    Owned by:

An hour until the Flump is at the vets. I'm a bit worried and just stewing at the moment.
    Owned by: