• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house - helping buns to settle

Bunny Magoo

Warren Scout
This post sort of crosses this sub forum aswell as housing!

We're moving in a couple of weeks. Currently we're in a flat and Daisy and Magoo have their own room and free run of the hallway and living room when we're at home. We are moving to a house where they'll still have their own room, however this will be upstairs. I plan to try and keep things as familiar for them as possible - same hay tray, toys etc and am taking their carpet mats and lino they like laying on in their room.

When do people think I should let them tackle the stairs and try and venture downstairs? There's no risk of them falling between banisters as there is a solid wall either side of the stairs. Also our new living room has textured laminate rather than carpet. So hopefully won't be slippery for them, but will take some getting used to. (Plan to get some rugs)

is the move likely to affect their bond? Also are they likely to get territorial?

Any tips/advice greatly appreciated!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'd keep them shut in their new room for a few days as the move could effect their bond (in a sense they might need to reestablish hierarchy).

To help with the stairs I'd just put a nonslip rug at the bottom so they can jump onto a "normal" and grippy surface.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes, I would keep them in their room for a few days, giving them time to adjust to a new area also gives you time to sort everything out. Hope the move goes well!

When we moved house with Louie, our blind houserabbit, I was really worried about how he would cope but he was absolutely fine!

Found his way round really quickly :)

Thanks everyone for the advice! Hopefully exchanging tomorrow and then it's a battle to agree to a completion date! 😐

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back