Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tramadol Stockists

Default Tramadol Stockists

Does anyone know if tramadol is available to buy online anywhere? My vet have been unable to order the drop form for Remmington from their supplier. And the chemists up here are also unable to get it. Seems to be out of stock. The tablet form is available and I guess it's possible to crush a tablet fine enough to mix with water, but might taste horrid.

It comes as capsules that you can easily open and mix with water. It tastes horrible though. Don't expect them to take it willingly. If they are having metacam too give the tramadol first so the metacam will take the nasty taste away.
    Best Wishes
    Louise
    Hopper Haven And Littlefoot Sanctuary
    www.hopperhaven.org.uk
    Home of a Hundred Happy Hoppers
    A Different Smaller Viewpoint,
    The World Below the Knee Joint

We also used the capsules, which were broken up and mixed with water! Worked absolutely fine xx
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hartleyhare View Post
    Does anyone know if tramadol is available to buy online anywhere? My vet have been unable to order the drop form for Remmington from their supplier. And the chemists up here are also unable to get it. Seems to be out of stock. The tablet form is available and I guess it's possible to crush a tablet fine enough to mix with water, but might taste horrid.

My vet gave me a bottle of the liquid recently so it must be readily available (he had a stock of them recently delivered). I wonder why your vet can't obtain it?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    My vet gave me a bottle of the liquid recently so it must be readily available (he had a stock of them recently delivered). I wonder why your vet can't obtain it?
    Vet said it was out of stock with no date for it being back in stock and the chemists are saying the same. I will give the capsules a go if I can't find an online stockists. Plenty to choose from, just thought someone might save me time sat in front of a computer.

My vets can't get drops in either.

Out if interest what dosage does everyone use with the capsules? My vets told me to do 2 tablets to 1ml and then give 0.1ml twice a day and that 6 tablets would be a months supply. But by my maths that's only 15 days (2 tablets = 5 days).

Warren Veteran

I've had success in the past with mashing up a bit of banana and feeding crushed up tablets in that. My buns have taken it willingly and actually seemed to think it was a bit of a treat. No idea if Tramadol too nasty tasting to hide but thought it was worth suggesting as I hate syringing meds into bunnies if I can help it.

I have some capsules now, which Dave - vet - has said 1/5 of a 50mg capsule to be given twice a day. Splitting the powder and then making up a syringe is a pain! Easy enough to administer and I gave the Meloxidyl dose straight after. Will try the fruit idea although Rems is a bit picky with food.

Wise Old Thumper

I have some capsules now, which Dave - vet - has said 1/5 of a 50mg capsule to be given twice a day. Splitting the powder and then making up a syringe is a pain! Easy enough to administer and I gave the Meloxidyl dose straight after. Will try the fruit idea although Rems is a bit picky with food.
    I have both 5mg and 10mg tablets which are tiny. They dissolve easily in a bit of fruit juice which makes the taste palatable
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Banned

It's really difficult splitting up powder. I guess you could make it up with a whole capsule then divide into 5? Not sure if it would make life any easier though ..