• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tramadol Stockists

hartleyhare

Warren Scout
Does anyone know if tramadol is available to buy online anywhere? My vet have been unable to order the drop form for Remmington from their supplier. And the chemists up here are also unable to get it. Seems to be out of stock. The tablet form is available and I guess it's possible to crush a tablet fine enough to mix with water, but might taste horrid.

It comes as capsules that you can easily open and mix with water. It tastes horrible though. Don't expect them to take it willingly. If they are having metacam too give the tramadol first so the metacam will take the nasty taste away.

Does anyone know if tramadol is available to buy online anywhere? My vet have been unable to order the drop form for Remmington from their supplier. And the chemists up here are also unable to get it. Seems to be out of stock. The tablet form is available and I guess it's possible to crush a tablet fine enough to mix with water, but might taste horrid.

My vet gave me a bottle of the liquid recently so it must be readily available (he had a stock of them recently delivered). I wonder why your vet can't obtain it?

My vet gave me a bottle of the liquid recently so it must be readily available (he had a stock of them recently delivered). I wonder why your vet can't obtain it?

Vet said it was out of stock with no date for it being back in stock and the chemists are saying the same. I will give the capsules a go if I can't find an online stockists. Plenty to choose from, just thought someone might save me time sat in front of a computer.

My vets can't get drops in either.

Out if interest what dosage does everyone use with the capsules? My vets told me to do 2 tablets to 1ml and then give 0.1ml twice a day and that 6 tablets would be a months supply. But by my maths that's only 15 days (2 tablets = 5 days).

I've had success in the past with mashing up a bit of banana and feeding crushed up tablets in that. My buns have taken it willingly and actually seemed to think it was a bit of a treat. No idea if Tramadol too nasty tasting to hide but thought it was worth suggesting as I hate syringing meds into bunnies if I can help it.

I have some capsules now, which Dave - vet - has said 1/5 of a 50mg capsule to be given twice a day. Splitting the powder and then making up a syringe is a pain! Easy enough to administer and I gave the Meloxidyl dose straight after. Will try the fruit idea although Rems is a bit picky with food.

I have some capsules now, which Dave - vet - has said 1/5 of a 50mg capsule to be given twice a day. Splitting the powder and then making up a syringe is a pain! Easy enough to administer and I gave the Meloxidyl dose straight after. Will try the fruit idea although Rems is a bit picky with food.

I have both 5mg and 10mg tablets which are tiny. They dissolve easily in a bit of fruit juice which makes the taste palatable :)

It's really difficult splitting up powder. I guess you could make it up with a whole capsule then divide into 5? Not sure if it would make life any easier though ..

I noticed that on 10mg dose ( split into twice daily ) that Rems was becoming quite woozy. I cut the dose to just once a day and then tried cutting the Metacam. Have now stopped the Tramadol altogether. He seems to have a slight head tilt and is still a bit woozy, but not as severe. Vet thought he might have had a slight stroke. He is still eating well, looking for sweeties and washing Peppermint but is also sleeping a lot more, doesn't attempt to move unless prompted and several times he has had a few accidents with his toileting and getting cecotrophs stuck on his fur. Because of his breathing difficulties I have been unable to bath him, so have resorted to less effective baby wipes to clean him. Thinking that is might be time to let him go.

I noticed that on 10mg dose ( split into twice daily ) that Rems was becoming quite woozy. I cut the dose to just once a day and then tried cutting the Metacam. Have now stopped the Tramadol altogether. He seems to have a slight head tilt and is still a bit woozy, but not as severe. Vet thought he might have had a slight stroke. He is still eating well, looking for sweeties and washing Peppermint but is also sleeping a lot more, doesn't attempt to move unless prompted and several times he has had a few accidents with his toileting and getting cecotrophs stuck on his fur. Because of his breathing difficulties I have been unable to bath him, so have resorted to less effective baby wipes to clean him. Thinking that is might be time to let him go.

Thinking of you. Such a difficult call x

I am sorry that he is not doing so well now. I am sure that you will do whatever is best for him xx

Back