• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where do you buy your vet bed please?

I never buy 'genuine' petlife vetbed - it's WAY too expensive. The stuff I've bought off ebay or at Crufts etc, is just as good.

From anywhere I find it. I tend to look in pet shops as I can have a feel. I tend to go for the green backing as found its more durable, and try to find the texture closest to the real thing as possible.

From anywhere I find it. I tend to look in pet shops as I can have a feel. I tend to go for the green backing as found its more durable, and try to find the texture closest to the real thing as possible.

problem is I don't know what the real thing looks like as never used it before - I saw some on skipton Market but thats a day wasted getting there. Your approach would be best - I'll be lazy & shop online :oops:

We bought a roll of vetbed from ebay, 10 years ago. It was 30 metres by 1 and a half metres and cost us £100. The photo is how much we've got left after the 10 years. It does get chewed sometimes by the buns but I use it on the floors of their hutches and in their carrying boxes. It goes in the washing machine in a horse blanket bag. It's much cheaper by the roll. I think it's dearer now but it lasts for years.

There's lots online (eg. ebay).
Jollyes pet shops often have a roll or two that can be cut to your requirements - it's sold by the foot off the roll.

There are 2 types - the plain woven (often green) backing one and the non-slip one with thin rubbery stripes on the back.

Vetfleece on eBay, great stuff. Genuine too. I buy the extra thick one, not expensive but this is fur bunny, not for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an enormous roll very cheaply. It wasn't actually vet bed, but 'human' vet bed (make sense? :lol:). Medical grade.

Anyway, it's superb, and not only do the buns love it, but it goes under the sheets so that you feel like you're sleeping on a cloud.

What makes you want to get some now for them?

thanks everone

MM, cos they say they are cold
IMG_4517_zpszmwa2zjt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4512_zpsinowxc0d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4511_zpshuldpryr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

vetfleece.co.uk

Fantastic service. I usually receive it the day after I've ordered. :)

I second this. I've bought all my vet bed from here. Its affordable and really good quality! I think they have an eBay store and a store on Amazon too (so free next day delivery if you have amazon prime!)

My bunnies are not chewy bunnies (low on destruction) yet they have chomped one vet bed to pieces & used the other as a toilet :roll:

My bunnies are not chewy bunnies (low on destruction) yet they have chomped one vet bed to pieces & used the other as a toilet :roll:

I know mine would be exactly the same, therefore, they have nothing like that in their shed, their cold, cold shed :roll:

Mine is from vetfleece on ebay, they have two types - greenback is denser and can be washed at very high temperatures so is great for veterinary use, and the non slip is more grippy and comes in more colours, you can wash it at 40 and it's really easy to cut up to the required size. It's beautiful stuff, so so soft but my boys pee all over it. It's got brilliant drainage so keeps them really dry and seems to stop smell coming through, so when i first put it in I left it for a few days thinking they'd been using their litter tray, but it was absolutely soaked underneith :shock: So if you do get it, check underneith regularly and put puppy pads or newspaper under

Back