• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky free my sweet "Digger"

I haven't been on the forum for a while - been too upset since myself & my partner had to make the hardest decision ever - to help our darling house bunny "Digger" cross "Rainbow Bridge". We had to say goodbye to Digger on the 5th November, after his breathing deteriorated due to problems with his lungs. He had been breathing faster for a few weeks, but eating normally & chasing his wifebun Sweet about the garden as normal - but his cecals became tiny. Following blood tests, x-rays, ultra sound & finally a CT scan it was found Diggers right lung had collapsed - he also had 2 accesses on his left enlarged lung. The vet discussed everything in detail - we thought a major operation would've been too much for Digger as he was only small - we just couldn't put him through the stress. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing ever - lots of tears from myself & my boyfriend as we gave Digger one last snuggle before he passed. Binky free little one - up there with my bridge bunnies Milo & Buzz - we'll see you all again babies - always in our hearts xxxx

I haven't been on the forum for a while - been too upset since myself & my partner had to make the hardest decision ever - to help our darling house bunny "Digger" cross "Rainbow Bridge". We had to say goodbye to Digger on the 5th November, after his breathing deteriorated due to problems with his lungs. He had been breathing faster for a few weeks, but eating normally & chasing his wifebun Sweet about the garden as normal - but his cecals became tiny. Following blood tests, x-rays, ultra sound & finally a CT scan it was found Diggers right lung had collapsed - he also had 2 accesses on his left enlarged lung. The vet discussed everything in detail - we thought a major operation would've been too much for Digger as he was only small - we just couldn't put him through the stress. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing ever - lots of tears from myself & my boyfriend as we gave Digger one last snuggle before he passed. Binky free little one - up there with my bridge bunnies Milo & Buzz - we'll see you all again babies - always in our hearts xxxx

Oh I'm so sorry ... Binky free lovely one :love:

To ease the heartbreak - I've just adopted another rescue bunny - Alfie - a gorgeous black Rex. Happy to say Alfie & Sweet have bonded well & love snuggling up together. Think Sweet was missing Digger at first but can see she is content again now with Alfie for company xxx

Sleep tight Digger. I'm pleased Sweet likes Alfie, that's lovely to hear she won't be lonely xx

Thanks everyone. Really miss my little Digger - as I do all my "bridge bunnies". Every bunny has a different character - little things we hold dear in our memories & hearts - run free furbabies xxx

I think you made a compassionate and selfless decision for Digger. Even though letting him go has caused you great distress you put Digger's needs before your own. An act of true love.

RIP Digger xx

Thanks everyone. Really miss my little Digger - as I do all my "bridge bunnies". Every bunny has a different character - little things we hold dear in our memories & hearts - run free furbabies xxx

It's so hard. Extremely painful. They are all such unique individuals and bring so much joy into our lives. Lots of binkying going on for the bridge bunnies :love::love::love:

Back