• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor/Outdoor Bunny Playpen

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

Has anyone used these as indoor play pens for bunny people?
Thinking of the biggest one, which is 2ft smaller than her hutch.

ebb96c2ec1ac36c51d8dbc33383fe69c.png
8ef312a0aa798e5950503d62bdb36d30.png
80748f73876015f62bb08801da010fdb.png

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't used one myself but they look pretty heavy duty. I've seen a few members using them.

Are you wanting to use it for an outdoor bunny? If so are you bringing bunny inside for the winter? I ask because if so even the biggest one isn't big enough for a permanent space, you need at least 8ftx6ft, but I think you can buy extra panels or join 2 pens together.

It's for playtime shall we say, or for when we travel at Christmas time. She lives outside otherwise, always has done and I have no sensible way of bringing her back in despite it being as cold as it is :(.

She has two hutch snuggles, layer of insulation, hutch cover, duvet to cover the front, 4x snuggle safes, a baby duvet covering a full thick vet fleece which I hope is enough :(.

It sounds as though you have her hutch well insulated and cosy for the winter, so they should be fine! Lots of rabbits (mine included) live our doors. I assume she has a run attached to it and you may wish to cover part of that.
What is equally important, of course, is to maintain a constant temperature, which means not bringing her indoors so she gets warm and then putting her back outside etc.

We've used a cheaper version to fence off the whole lawn: in winter we use 1 or 2 to make an extra area for them on the concrete as we don't want them utterly destroying the lawn! Ours have a playhouse, run and hutch connected in series and they go from the hutch to the pen extension. Obviously they can only use the extension (Area 4) when we're there because it's open-topped.

She doesn't have a run attached at the moment, and hasn't been out as much as I would like as we're recovering, nursing from sore hocks, much better but me and the vet were very wary about letting her out. So we do short, monitored bursts of around 30 mins to not undo all the hard work.
Hutch is very large, but I know they still need exercise so do what I can to see to that need.

She is brought in for meds, but on a fleece on the kitchen side near the back door so doesn't get whacked with the central hearing!!

She doesn't have a run attached at the moment, and hasn't been out as much as I would like as we're recovering, nursing from sore hocks, much better but me and the vet were very wary about letting her out. So we do short, monitored bursts of around 30 mins to not undo all the hard work.
Hutch is very large, but I know they still need exercise so do what I can to see to that need.

She is brought in for meds, but on a fleece on the kitchen side near the back door so doesn't get whacked with the central hearing!!

Oh, what a shame about her not being allowed out very much - bet she's getting fed up.
As for temperature, so pleased you are not one of those people who make me feel a real softie when they post 'temperature is fine as I don't have heating on in house'.:lol:

If I had my way, she would be in the house but hubby won't let me, and the cat is a curious monkey! Just trying to think of anyway I can keep her warm.

BunnyMum...I bought this exact pen, the X-Large version and it's brilliant. I have tried many pens but this one is really easy to set up and take down and the gate to get in and out really helps. I have it set up indoors and alternatively use it outdoors too. Recommend it but def get the X-Large size. Even that was smaller than I thought it would be. Plus it's way too high for them to jump over.

Plus it's way too high for them to jump over.
Lopsy can jump 1m easily and he's the unathletic-looking one: the above-pictures 79cm would be no challenge! I reckon both would clear the current pen I've got now if they could be bothered, but so far, no escape attempts (over the top, at least ;P).

BunnyMum...I bought this exact pen, the X-Large version and it's brilliant. I have tried many pens but this one is really easy to set up and take down and the gate to get in and out really helps. I have it set up indoors and alternatively use it outdoors too. Recommend it but def get the X-Large size. Even that was smaller than I thought it would be. Plus it's way too high for them to jump over.

Thank you, I'll seek out the XL (y)

Back