• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Protexin Pro Fibre sample/exchange?

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
Hello lovely RU'ers.

Well I haven't been on RU for a while, as I'm at my wits end with my little bunny. Everyday I wake in the morning I pray my little leah is still alive...its getting so stressful for me.

I know this is cheeky for me to ask, but would anyone be able and willing to send me a small sample of protexin pro fibre to me as my vet suggested it. Although my bunny hated it in the past, she does eat more of her nuggets nowadays as she has gotten older (over 8 years age). It would be great if I could try it once more if she likes it now, instead of buying a whole tub and then giving it away to my local rabbit rescue.

I have if you would like fibafirst hay sticks, hay cubes, fresh plantain and blackberry leaf forage, as well as supreme selective recovery food sachets (although best before date is 2015, but I can't imagine sealed packets of powder can go out of date really and put it on for legal reasons, but do tell me otherwise if it is the case) in exchange if you would like.

Reasons for this is that my bunny is only eating nuggets now, no forage anymore, NEVER has eaten fresh grass, dried grass or hay of various types including hay experts, her tummy is so sensitive now that she cant take any antibiotics for her chronic sneezing as now as it upsets her tummy big time. Just had a vet check up including front and back teeth, and nothing to cause for alarm there. Do not want a GA for xrays to see if its her teeth roots, as she is so sensitive I am afraid she will never wake up again plus its getting so costly now. Sigh.

Anyway, ordering fibreplex or biolapsis today, haven't decided which or both yet (can you give both at the same time frame?), but first going to vets to pick up emperid gut stimulant this lunch time.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice to anyone who reads this.

Hello lovely RU'ers.

Well I haven't been on RU for a while, as I'm at my wits end with my little bunny. Everyday I wake in the morning I pray my little leah is still alive...its getting so stressful for me.

I know this is cheeky for me to ask, but would anyone be able and willing to send me a small sample of protexin pro fibre to me as my vet suggested it. Although my bunny hated it in the past, she does eat more of her nuggets nowadays as she has gotten older (over 8 years age). It would be great if I could try it once more if she likes it now, instead of buying a whole tub and then giving it away to my local rabbit rescue.

I have if you would like fibafirst hay sticks, hay cubes, fresh plantain and blackberry leaf forage, as well as supreme selective recovery food sachets (although best before date is 2015, but I can't imagine sealed packets of powder can go out of date really and put it on for legal reasons, but do tell me otherwise if it is the case) in exchange if you would like.

Reasons for this is that my bunny is only eating nuggets now, no forage anymore, NEVER has eaten fresh grass, dried grass or hay of various types including hay experts, her tummy is so sensitive now that she cant take any antibiotics for her chronic sneezing as now as it upsets her tummy big time. Just had a vet check up including front and back teeth, and nothing to cause for alarm there. Do not want a GA for xrays to see if its her teeth roots, as she is so sensitive I am afraid she will never wake up again plus its getting so costly now. Sigh.

Anyway, ordering fibreplex or biolapsis today, haven't decided which or both yet (can you give both at the same time frame?), but first going to vets to pick up emperid gut stimulant this lunch time.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice to anyone who reads this.

No problem, I can send you a sample, and don't worry about sending anything in exchange. Can't give much advise, other that I gave this to my bridge bun Toffee, who had awful dental problems. It was a good way of getting fibre into him, and he loved it. I now give a few to my remaining bun, and she loves it. It can't hurt to try can it ? Just pm me your address, and I'll get it off to you.

Back