• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BINKY FREE GIZMO R.I.P 14.05.2008- 27.11.2016 advice please

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
We had to send Gizmo to rainbow bridge tonight and now as we grief him we need to decide how we lay him to rest. We can't bury him in the garden as we rent so wondering what to do.... cremation or burial ? If anyone has suggestions we would be very grateful. We haven't lost a pet before so not sure what way to go with it or how we do it. We don't mind the cost we just want to do the right thing by him
15a963eb19a35fbc70ea86e4619ea4f3.jpg
e06261dae30f84b78d0743e08387a199.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry you've lost Gizmo. I rent and personally think my vets is very expensive in what they charge for cremation, particularly private and I would want them back so I've always gone for burial at home but I bury in plant pots so I'm not damaging the garden I don't own so that could be an option for you? Or if you are thinking of cremation, most vets have a booklet on the various types and caskets you can chose, so you could ring and ask about these. Thinking of you.

Thank you for the reply we don't have plant pots in our garden as the other three rabbits would destroy anything we plant. We will ring the vets in the morning and see what we can do . If cremation we would want the ashes back too so know ot would cost more but we don't care about the cost (even though money is tight for us) or the burial for pets is over 40miles away so wouldn't be easy to visit. This is so hard and I have having to do this ..... this is the downside of being deep animal lovers with very special pets :( x

460194fbcf9b4582f77d067e2413f4bd.jpg

How beautiful :love:

I don't know whether you have pet crematoriums but I have often had mine individually cremated - never through the vet. I take them myself and wait an hour whilst they cremate them and bring back the ashes. I don't know how much vets charge for this, but I feel the prices I pay are very reasonable and the service is so compassionate and helpful x

Thinking of you xx

Thank you for the advice we are going to ring round in the morning and see what costs are etc . We want the ashes back so we are expecting a hearty fee :( but he is worth every penny

So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the advice we are going to ring round in the morning and see what costs are etc . We want the ashes back so we are expecting a hearty fee :( but he is worth every penny

I go directly to a pet crematorium (usually much cheaper than going via a vet) and to have individual cremation and the ashes back in a casket it is about £65.

I'm so sorry you lost him :cry: I think I would opt for cremation if burial is not an option.

Binky free Gizmo xx

I'm sorry you've lost Gizmo. I hope you can find a crematorium or burial place that feels right for you. Binky free bun xx

I'm so sorry you lost lovely Gizmo. So sad! Over here we have a pet crematorium. They are lovely. You can have your pet collected from the vet, collected from home in her pet hearse or you can ring her and she gives a time for you to be able to take your pet there. She lays your pet out comfortably in a little remembrance room. You can stay with your pet for a little while. Cremations are done, usually the same day and she will ring when the ashes are ready for collection. It's all very tasteful and she is a trained animal bereavement counsellor. I hope you find somewhere nice and you soon get Gizmo back. xxxx

I have cremation because it's a nice tribute you can see every day and can have nice photos around x

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thinking of you and your sad loss :cry: I hope you can decide on a crematorium or burial place, which you are happy with.

Sorry for your loss. I too recently lost my little boy. I chose to have him cremated as we too rent, so that we can always move him with us. They offered a lovely photo box and were not too expensive. I collected the ashes and it really was a nice feeling to be bringing him Home. Even though I'd rather it was different, he was still coming Home. I put him in a cabinet and added lots of rabbit ornaments (sad I know!) to look like he had lots of friends around him and wasn't on his own. Also little pictures of him too. I'm glad I chose this option as I see him every day still. This way he remains part of the family. Hope this helps x

Back