• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackcurrent twigs

elizabethH

Warren Scout
Are these OK to give our buns please? They love strawberry and bramble leaves and twigs but no so sure about Blackcurrent?

Thank you.

Blackcurrent

Thanks. Have given them some and they smell lovely but
buns not that impressed!

Last edited:
They love strawberry and apple leaves and twigs, hawthorn, most herbs etc so just thought I'd try something different! Gave them some chickweed as well and they sat on the Blackcurrent twigs and woolfed it all down!

If you leave the Blackcurrant twigs with them, you may find that they try a little nibble soon. I find with some new foods my rabbits will turn their noses up at first in favour of something they know and love, but later they try it and then eat it all.

Mine won't touch currant in summer, but by autumn they'll eat anything that doesn't move fast enough! We left it with them and 6hrs later you wouldn't have known they'd had any :roll: [emoji38]

Using Tapatalk, sorry for any mistakes :roll:

Back