• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding with my bereaved Binky

So last night I did all my feeds and the gut meds. He did lots (for him!) of poos but very tiny. He also was getting so fed up and 8years he's never bitten, last night me and the husband were bitten. Made me cry that he's that fed up.
So back to the vets this morning. They are hoping the blood results come back at 12 ish. She listened to his gut and said it was very quite this morning. I asked if she could give him the other gut drug too. He's currently on emeprid. Said she would give the emeprid ranitidine, pain meds and sub cut fluids today. She had previously wanted to move to oral meds but thought again as he's going to need oral food and he's getting so fed up best to limit oral stuff so we can get food in him too.
Thanks for all the wishes. I'm so worried about him. Some unhelpful person at work decided to tell me it's only a rabbit and it's too much money to spend. Urgh. Wanted to punch them. Why do people say that?? Keep it to yourself.

My manager has let me take some time a/l hoping to work he afternoon. Was wanting to get some sleep but I'm a terrible day sleeper so looks like I'm going to be very shattered tonight and tomorrow. I'm imagining that I will have to feed through the night again.

Bloods back. Apparently white blood count it low. Vet spoke to the lab and this indicated and infection. Kidney and liver function ok. Feel it's very unlikely that the results point to anything more sinister. Still don't want to sedate for X-ray. Stated could do a conscious one but the way he is it will be hard to get a clear picture. So decided to go ahead with antibiotics. Baytril to start and see how he goes. A long course of 10 days or so but back to vets if no improvement or any concerns. To continue with both gut meds, pain meds and feeding him via syringe if not taking diet himself. He's had more sub cut fluids today too.

I'm glad you've got the blood results back. I hope that the Baytril cures any infection that Binky may have. Is he eating anything for himself yet?

Sending him loads of vibes and I hope that you have been able to get some rest.

He's been eating a small amount of pellets himself throughout and he's eating more and more each day. He's also always continued to eat his veg. Husband has bought more on his way home from work today. Just took him a load of parsley and a sprig of basil up and he immediately tucked into it. He's just not eating any hay, or barely any. I give readigrass too and he sometimes eats that.

Not had any rest yet! I worked the afternoon. I'm working tomorrow morning, I have a meeting in the office for an hour then can work the rest from home so can feed him/give meds. A/l in the afternoon and the same Friday, work from home am a/l pm. Then off sat, sun, Monday. So hopefully he's eating again by then as I don't have anymore leave.

Back