• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somethings up with Robin. :'(

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
I've been away in London for 3 days and my partner and son have been looking after Robin for me .

1st two days he's been fine and eating normal and laying in his favourite spot on the coffee table with his feet hanging off.

Yesterday he's not acting his normal self , won't come in the living room and is hiding in his favourite spot.

Eating only if you bring it to him he won't come out the spot.
I've got home and spooked him and then I'm told he's been like that all day .
People behind me are having their roof fixed since that mini tornado the other day and I'm wondering if it's the noise of that ?

I've cleaned his house out and he's been for a nosey like normal but goes back to his hiding spot :(
He's letting me fuss him in his spot and he will eat everything you offer but he doesn't want to come out.

He's not scared of fergie our dog so it's not her.. he's been out to see her and followed her around for a while but then went back to his spot .

So I've made it into a little den for him and put his blanket up there.

His favourite spot is on the chairs under the table:D funny bunny

I'm super wound up over this.... hate having anxiety

It could be the noise from next door. My OH once used this ridiculously noisy machine in the garage when the buns were in the garden. Joey had his first stasis episode following that, the vet thought it was minor spurs but I swear it was him feeling afraid. He may have missed the assurance of you being about?

I hope he is ok x

Hopefully it is just a change in routine which has upset him. Just give him his hay for now to allow him to settle down again. Fingers crossed he will be ok by tomorrow.

Maybe.. this has happened while I was away and I am the one that spends the most time with him and mamby pamby him alot.

They are still doing the work today and it is fairly loud bangs

Is he pooping properly? That's really the main thing! Ghibli gets really ****** with me when I leave him for a day, more than a day and he could sulk in the rabbit Olympics! Rabbits are communal creatures, so he might just be a little upset that you haven't been there when there's been an imminent threat descending on him. Is he used to you not being arround? The really important thing is that he's eating and pooping? If you're still worried thake him to a vet! At the end of the day it's way better to loose a few bucks than to loose a friend...

Hope everything's alright, and it's probably just that he got scared and he's annoyed with you for not being there for him [rabbits, as I'm sure you know, are kind of selfish that way 😉]

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

They was plenty of poos in his litter tray.
I've cleaned it out fresh so I'll be able to see for definite later

Some soft poos but he's had some banana.
He's out in the garden now looking happier but still not himself yet

There probably cecotropes which he should be eating, but there's lots of reasons why he might not. Amongst them eating too much veg or treats, and also just feeling out of sorts. Ghibli will sometimes leave them lying arround when he's upset or if he's been given a whole load of treats, so I wouldn't worry to much. The best thing you can do is to make whatever room he's in a quiet peaceful place, turn of the TV/radio, etc make sure he's got plenty of fresh hay and water, and let him come to you when he's ready. Sit quietly far enough away from him that you're not encroaching on his space, but close enough that he knows you're there. It might take a while, but he might just decide that you're forgiven, especially if you happen to be holding something he loves to eat in one of you're hands 😉 good luck 🍀

Last edited:
Some soft poos but he's had some banana.
He's out in the garden now looking happier but still not himself yet

aaaaww poor Robin and poor you!

Keep an eye on him and make sure he eats and poos and drinks. See how he is tomorrow, especially if the noise stops and you are back. I'm hoping he'll pick up again :)

Got him to come into the living room now and he's checking the place out like he's never been in here before.

He's eating but hasn't pooed in his litter tray .
They was some poos on the grass though.

If he's checking out the place that's good, but keep an eye on pooping. Stasis can be really bad! If he stops for more than 12 hours get him to a very ASAP. They can give him an injection to get his digestion started. In the mean time loads of fresh hay, and hope he's OK!

His tummy feels fine and he's eating .
Especially from out my hand , he turns his nose up at stuff in bowls but has it straight away out of my hand

It does seem like it's possible that the noise upset him doesn't it. That, together with the fact that you were not there to give him reassurance.

I hope he continues to behave normally from now on.

His tummy feels fine and he's eating .
Especially from out my hand , he turns his nose up at stuff in bowls but has it straight away out of my hand

He missed his mummy xx My rabbits are often 'put out' by strange loud noises. Hope that's all over now and he's back to normal :)

He's eating normal and has done normal poos now ... I just think he was spooked .

Earlier he wouldn't eat unless it was in my hand :D
Making me dote on him Haha

Glad he's back to normal, animals are so funny bless them. My cat gives me the cold shoulder for daring to go out at all, I should be at home all day, with a ready available lap, or food :roll:

Back