• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That didn't work, any suggestions?

NewStreetPhoto

Warren Scout
Need to find a solution for a lit tray that Twinkle [my larger female bunny who's hiding under the stool] can't tip over, or spread the contents over the floor!

Just tried this out with a bit I'm using to store stuff under my bed, but they won't go near it, even when I put veg in it!

Would a lower more shallow box make any difference? It definitely needs to be heavy enough so that she can't tip it over as she likes to scrabble at things!

I know this is largely guess work, but what's worked for other people?

Links to actual products would be fantastic, but obviously isn't a requisite for posting ☺️

Thank in advance

Barry, Ghibli & Twinkle ✨

a2b6219284d7e14dacdfc4617bdc7029.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Second try ☺️
fc8f3fecf313346a10bcf9786a89059a.jpg

I think this one's going to work ☺️ totally worth the horrible journey to Homebase ☺️ and going into homebase which has I hate even more...

Maybe try a litter tray and then a separate (enclosed digging box) to cover those throwing stuff everywhere urges :lol: A digging box can just be a cardboard box with a hole cut in and stuffed with hay/paper/straw - a tunnel to the entrance helps cut mess even further. You can also temporarily use a box over the litter tray - find one about the same size, pop the tray inside it a cut and entrance hole just big enough for a bun.

Another thing that can help contain mess a little more is putting a 6" 'board' around the playpen bottom - that at least contains it in with the bunnies. Strips of correx (a plastic version of corrugated cardboard) are cheap and easy to cut, and you can just cable tie them around the outside.

I'm going to try a digging box for Twinkle ✨

She was settling in, but she's become a little shy again for some reason. There's a whole jealousy thing going on about who gets affection when, and I don't think they've really worked out who's supposed to be dominat either. There's a lot of biting and chasing, and sometimes even stamping, but also loads of grooming so I think eventually there going to be ok!

9e9806d29775952da79986a7199e111e.jpg

The fact that it fits both of them at the same time can only be a good thing ☺️

Thats what I use for the quad (three 32 litre litter trays with newspaper, straw and hay).

Why newspaper? What d'you do with it? I've just filled it with megazorb and put hay on the top. Should I have done more?

Back