• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

catit cabrio £23 amazon (orange)

I've got a purple one. Had it years. Really great. Not big enough for my two large buns together, but ok for one bun or two little ones. The beauty of these, is you can buy spare parts for them. The top opens and you can take the door off. Nice and safe and no wobbly handle as it's all built in.

hi fluffybunny54 - out of interest how big are your bunnies - i have two 2.8kg bunnies and am hoping the carrier will fit them - don't mind if they're squashed (comfortably) together as think that makes for a more secure journey (and the vets is only a mile away).

hi fluffybunny54 - out of interest how big are your bunnies - i have two 2.8kg bunnies and am hoping the carrier will fit them - don't mind if they're squashed (comfortably) together as think that makes for a more secure journey (and the vets is only a mile away).

Good morning Griffski, I have Charlie who's 3 kg and Echo who's 2 and a half kgs. Then I have Heather 2.8 kgs and Rosie 2 kgs. I pop these two pairs in a large wire carrier with towel and fleece. I give them plenty of room as sometimes it takes me an hour to get to the vet. If you don't mind a little bit of a squash two would probably fit in the cabrio. I've used it for one in an emergency, like when Heather pulled a claw out and we had to go to OOH vet and then she had loads of room to herself. Lovely and high inside and so easy to clean. I have several carriers, all different sizes and opening styles. Wish they did the Cabrio bigger, then I'd get one in the bigger size.

Good morning Griffski, I have Charlie who's 3 kg and Echo who's 2 and a half kgs. Then I have Heather 2.8 kgs and Rosie 2 kgs. I pop these two pairs in a large wire carrier with towel and fleece. I give them plenty of room as sometimes it takes me an hour to get to the vet. If you don't mind a little bit of a squash two would probably fit in the cabrio. I've used it for one in an emergency, like when Heather pulled a claw out and we had to go to OOH vet and then she had loads of room to herself. Lovely and high inside and so easy to clean. I have several carriers, all different sizes and opening styles. Wish they did the Cabrio bigger, then I'd get one in the bigger size.

Thanks fluffybunny54 - sounds like that might be ok for my two then:) I use a cat wire carrier just now but means i have to lift them in which is not ideal. I am hoping the wide door of the cabrio will encourage self entry (I can hope!) - will look out for responses to crispyclaret's post:)

We have had this carrier for about 6 years now. We remove the door and leave it in the rabbit shed to be used as a hide so they are used to it. It cleans really easy by hand but when it starts looking a bit grubby it all comes apart into individual components and fits in the diswasher lol. Now I'm not saying it's officially dishwasher proof but we have been doing this for 6 years and it comes out looking brand new each time.
Our vet says it is the best carrier she has seen for rabbits in terms of getting them in and out without stress.

I recently acquired this carrier in purple, it's just about big enough for my trio (2kg, 1.8kg & 1.6kg) and really easy to get them in and out at the vets. It would be good if they done a bigger version but my 3 all huddle in one corner anyway when they are going to the vet so I'm not convinced they would make use of the extra space :lol: It is also heavier than my old one and takes up more storage space as I haven't separated the top and bottom half like I normally do with carriers (seems a bit of a faff to do it, and put it together again).

when it starts looking a bit grubby it all comes apart into individual components and fits in the diswasher lol. Now I'm not saying it's officially dishwasher proof but we have been doing this for 6 years and it comes out looking brand new each time.

Oooh that's such a good idea, I'm gonna try that!

I have this exact one it's brilliant quality but eventually I will have to sell it as robin looks big in it

I love this - its so POSH looking!!! Parsley Piert loves his trips to the vets now . . . . mmmmmmm. . well maybe . . .

I have the pink one :)

I'll have to upload a video of the girls training session to show how I train them to get into the box without fuss. Takes a few months to train them, but I just retrain after each vet visit/car journey to save time & stress on getting them in.

Back