• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking I need to get Cinammon neutered asap

Yeah you can access the list without contacting them, thanks for sending the link to me. I have decided to go with 387 after your advice and they are also accredited by RCVS. I am ashamed to say that Cinammon has not been vaccinated :oops: I did look into it when I got her and I read mixed things about it and also followed the advice from the breeder I brought her from and decided against it...however, I have now realised what a big mistake that was especially as she has not been drinking her water for the past 2 days. Her poos are fine and she is fine in herself but for some reason she has not had any water from her bowl and given that she is a big water drinker I am somewhat concerned. I have been soaking her greens in extra water to ensure that she has water from that but i'm still concerned. I rang 387 this morning and told them my concerns, they have booked her in for a check up this evening and also booked her to have her vaccinations on her day 10 post spaying check up. They were really good and understanding over the phone, so I know I have made the right decision sticking with them for the neutering. I hope there is nothing wrong with her, I have been doubting lots of things e.g. her eyesight etc. (like a paranoid parent) and I hope I am not too late in getting her vaccinations done.

It sounds as though your breeder gave duff information as vaccinations are so important. As well as the combined vaccination, there is now one against the 'new' VHD 2, so you need to ask them about that, too. I don't think they can be given together.
All that aside, you have done your research, found a RWAF accredited vet and asked for advice, so you can't do much better than that.
I hope all goes well and look forward to updates!

Just read your thread and wanted to say I've used Cavan before (Oxley) and they were pretty good (cheap vaccinations!) but I had to request pain relief for my bun when he stopped eating. I think the medication in the water they mentioned is a probiotic as they gave this to me too. I personally think you've made the right choice to go with the other vet for the spay op. Hope she's okay - I get super paranoid when it comes to rabbit health but you've done the right thing booking her in for a check up if you're worried.

Hi just a quick update. I didn't take Cinammon to the vets in the end, I spoke to them over the phone and told them she was eating fine and that I had put her pellets in water to encourage her to eat them and drenched her greens in water to help increase her water intake and that her poos were fine and they said she sounded ok and that they will do a thorough check on Friday morning before they spay her. I felt better after talking to them, the lady at 387 was really helpful and reassuring.

This evening I dipped my finger into her water bowl and the water was really cold. I think this might be the reason why she isn't drinking as much water. She is an indoor bun and she is housed in our utility but there is no heating in the utility and that's why her water was so cold. I am going to look into what I can do to keep the water at a better temperature, but I think that given as she drinks from a bowl this might be difficult.

Babsi, 387 did mention the second injection and they do need to be done separately. She will have the first set ten days after her spay and need to be booked in on another day for the second lot. The duff information wasn't only from the breeder, some online info says that if bun is kept indoors and not with other buns the vaccines are not necessary. I now know that this is incorrect!

Snowymouse, I got myself super paranoid this morning and only felt better after speaking to the vet....I must have rang them about 4 times today [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelfield Vets4Pets have neutered 100's of rabbit for us at Walsall RSPCA, you just need to ask for Sally or Nadine to do the op, they are both fantastic with our bunnnies. :)

Back