Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylar's stasis thread

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Aww thanks everyone. I've spent all day hoping that I haven't jinxed things by writing the above post. Bunnies send us a bit loopy don't they?! I've just got home from work and he seems absolutely fine. Just taking it one day at a time. I'm so relieved for him though, he must have felt rotten for a really long time
    I know that feeling of dread all too well. But when the 'iffy' episodes become few and far between it is possible to feel a little more relaxed and to enjoy seeing our Bunny feeling well more often than not

I've just weighed Sy and he's 3.5kg
    I'm a little worried that he's losing weight too fast. He was 3.8kg on the 6th March. I have weighed him on different scales though so I think that I'm going to run him into the vets tomorrow to get him weighed properly.
    He's also moulting a lot so would this make him weigh a little less too?
    Xx

Wise Old Thumper

I'm a little worried that he's losing weight too fast. He was 3.8kg on the 6th March. I have weighed him on different scales though so I think that I'm going to run him into the vets tomorrow to get him weighed properly.
    Xx
    I dont think that weightloss is too drastic. Losing 1%-2% of bodyweight/week is what is usually advised. Different scales/having a full or empty bladder can all account for some actual weight discrepancies

How has he been doing recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I dont think that weightloss is too drastic. Losing 1%-2% of bodyweight/week is what is usually advised. Different scales/having a full or empty bladder can all account for some actual weight discrepancies

How has he been doing recently ?
    Oh ok! That makes me feel better!
    He seems really good. Very active, running around a lot at the moment and eating great! He's very stroppy though, he growls at me when I try to groom him and he's digging a lot but I think that's down to moulting and spring fever!

Xx

I think it's a good idea to weigh him on the same scales - I've found that different scales can vary by around 10g. Having cut out pellets, I suppose it's likely that his weight might drop a little?

I don't mind him losing a little weight. He's a big boy and he was a little overweight anyway but I just don't want him to lose it too fast. He seems really really good at the moment though. Much more energetic than he's been for a while which is lovely to see

I don't mind him losing a little weight. He's a big boy and he was a little overweight anyway but I just don't want him to lose it too fast. He seems really really good at the moment though. Much more energetic than he's been for a while which is lovely to see

I don't think that's too fast. Hopefully he won't be giving you any scares in the near future!

I think that it seems fast because when we had him on a diet before he only lost 0.1kg in about 3 months!

I think that it seems fast because when we had him on a diet before he only lost 0.1kg in about 3 months!
    Was this while he was still eating pellets? That might account for it.

For El-ahrairah to cry....

Wise Old Thumper

ALL of my Rabbits who are on a 'no pellet' diet are MUCH more active than any Rabbits I have had who were fed pellets. But you know what I am like about the matter

So pleased to hear that Sy is a happy bouncy boy at the moment