• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sylar's stasis thread

It was just the way he spoke to her. Wasn't very accommodating when it came to sending over the xray and he said that she could 'have the case if she wants it'.
He was very standoffish with us too.
On the way to lovely Molly now. I just hope he makes the journey :cry:

Roxy I'm so sorry to hear all this. :( I don't know how we've jumped from stasis to RHD2 but I am adding more prayers that this isn't the case.
Thinking of you and Sylar and hoping for a safe and stress free journey and better news once he sees Molly. (((((((Huge hugs))))))) xxxxxxxx

Me either but I think that Molly is just concerned about the way that Bill died and now this... I think it's better to be safe than sorry thing... i hope.

Did he have blood tests done, apart from the blood glucose and lactate levels? If so, I would have thought that if it were rhd2 there would have been some abnormalities in his blood. I would also have thought that the liver would have showed up as abnormal on the x-ray.

Try not to get upset about the conversation between Molly and your vet. Your vet will probably be feeling a bit on the defensive and will also be stressed. No excuse to be rude I know and vets should have communication skills, but possibly an explanation as to why he came across as he did.

I hope that Molly can find out what the problem is. Sending more hugs and vibes for Sylar.

She is less concerned about rhd2 now that she has seen him but she is still going to keep him separate just in case. She thinks the emergency vets actually did a pretty good job... she's not impressed with our vets at all though. God knows what he said to her! She is quite concerned and she is keeping him in. She said that he actually seems quite bony considering how fat (4.1kg) he is and his tummy is very swollen and sore. She wants to do another xray to get a second view. I'm so worried but at the same time I know for a fact that he is in the best place now. I've never hurt so much in my life. Please keep my baby in your thoughts. Xxxx

Oh bless you, I'm keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome for your boy. Sending trillions and trillions of healing vibes and thinking of you both. xxx

I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I am glad that he is with Molly now. Sending lots of vibes, and hugs for you xx

She wants to try and do another xray to get a second view of whats going on. I've requested a skull xray too to rule out anything teeth related.
She seemed really worried :(

Back